PDA

View Full Version : Bremont MB1 stolen.

RetiredBA/BY
9th Jul 2016, 16:18
My brother law's home was broken into recently and the only item stolen was the Bremont Martin Baker MB1 watch which belonged to his late father, who had ejected from a Sea Vixen during low level, high speed trials.
His ejection number, inscribed on the watch is 272 and initials WHS.

As cash and other items remained untouched it suggests that the thief f was only after that unique watch.

I know it's a long shot BUT if anyone discovers any info on this unique watch, we would be most pleased to receive it, after all it's easily identified.

NutLoose
9th Jul 2016, 16:59
That just sucks, I will link it onto the Flypast forums.

NutLoose
9th Jul 2016, 17:05
I would also look at registering and posting it on here

The Watch Forum (http://www.thewatchforum.co.uk/)

I take it he has checked with neighbours in case any have CCTV

Herod
9th Jul 2016, 20:15
There was a thread running the back end of last year concerning someone wanting to buy an MB1. Might be worth looking at. Just saying.

BremontTeam
11th Jul 2016, 13:35
Hi RetiredBA/BY,

Please could you email [email protected] with further details and the team will do their best to help.

Warm regards,
Bremont Team

NutLoose
11th Jul 2016, 19:05
Good on you guys

RetiredBA/BY
13th Jul 2016, 07:12
Hi RetiredBA/BY,

Please could you email [email protected] with further details and the team will do their best to help.

Warm regards,
Bremont Team

Thank you for all your help. I have spoken to Bremont who were most helpful.
It seems the significance of the Red barrel MB 1 is quite widely known. I wore mine at Fairford last week and two people asked me what I ejected from ( Jet Provost. XP 635 back in 1963)..
Thank you again for your replies.
David G.

NutLoose
13th Jul 2016, 09:10
One for sale on line £25,000 !!!!

Bremont MB1 Martin Baker for £25,000 for sale from a Trusted Seller on Chrono24 (http://www.chrono24.co.uk/bremont/mb1-martin-baker--id4021121.htm)

Originally listed on ebay with him in February

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bremont-Martin-Baker-MB1-MBI-Red-Barrel-/272099685565?hash=item3f5a67b4bd%3Ag%3AIrcAAOSwa-dWkQKE&nma=true&si=PmFiO296O48FdBWcZlKgJo1zwBE%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

RetiredBA/BY
12th Feb 2020, 08:44
The watch has been recovered.

It was recovered by Leicestershire police when searching for other stolen goods.

It seems that the watch HAD. been to the Bremont factory for but despite Bremont having been advised of the theft and the watch number , they did not pick it up as stolen.

Not impressed.

Vendee
12th Feb 2020, 09:39
I'm glad things worked out well in the end and the watch (hopefully undamaged) ended back with its rightful owner.

ShyTorque
12th Feb 2020, 09:40
Well a very long waited for result and hopefully the watch is in good condition - at least it got serviced!

Union Jack
12th Feb 2020, 09:52
I'm glad things worked out well in the end and the watch (hopefully undamaged) ended back with its rightful owner.

Good news indeed and, if WHS is - or sadly was - who I think it is, I seem to remember being told that there was quite an interesting reaction from the locals, especially the females, when he safely reached terra firms....

Jack

PS Quite amused to observe my resultant post total now ends in 899, appropriately the number of a notable Vixen squadron!

NutLoose
12th Feb 2020, 18:20
Good news, blimey a police result!