View Full Version : Will you still join training

TurningFinalRWY36
7th Jul 2016, 16:49
If the vote goes through tomorrow will you still join training? Or will you continue as Line captains and turn down the VOLUNTARY position. Ive heard they have plenty of guys ready to join once the ban has been lifted but if this sub standard deal goes through will you still do it, for not much more pay and a worse roster. Not to forget you will also be helping the company which many of you have been critical of others doing the same thing in the past

OK4Wire
7th Jul 2016, 22:23
I won't, but sure as hell will be interested in all the names appearing on the roster!

Captain Dart
7th Jul 2016, 22:36
I would rather suffer a paper cut on the glans of my penis.

Farman Biplane
8th Jul 2016, 00:35
If only all those budding TC's champing at the bit could realise that IF the TA is ratified, they then have the greatest leverage EVER for a real increase in pay and conditions for becoming a trainer. The company have admitted that they are desperate for trainers! Hold off and name your price/conditions to go into training!!!

goathead
8th Jul 2016, 01:21
Hold off and name your price/conditions to go into training!!!

Hahajajahajahahaha
They will flock like rats down a drainpipe, the race to the bottom will be completely underway .
Watch just watch.

AQIS Boigu
8th Jul 2016, 01:56
Looks like a SYD based freighter captain couldn't hold back. What a shame!

Yes I know, they are not in CC.

broadband circuit
8th Jul 2016, 02:35
In the last minute lead up to the hard training ban (aka 'the soft ban') there were guys queuing up to do it. Once the TB is officially gone, then those same self serving pieces of sh!t will be knocking on the door again.

It's so depressing that if the TA is passed, I am considering volunteering. I won't actually have my heart in it, which is not good for the future, but who cares..I'll give myself a 10% pre-tax pay raise!

broadband circuit
8th Jul 2016, 02:36
STOP PRESS

As I hit "post" on the above my phone went nuts with messages that the TA has FAILED to pass

My faith is restored!