PDA

View Full Version : What it the best residential ATP course?

gorky
29th Jun 2002, 20:46
what the best course? How many hours do you have to work per day, month?
price/quality/service?
your comments on the different ATP residential courses are welcome?

FRIDAY
29th Jun 2002, 22:54
Well I wil add what I think,
I would say amongst the top 2 or 3 schools there is little difference, your choice would be on personale preferance.
BGS probably the best D/L course going.
Oats expensive, good feedback from previous exams.
Cabair, the have one of the biggest aeronautical libaries, price not far off Oats.
ATA, RAF instructors, cheaper and get feedback from OATs.
Glassgow college nautics, ex BAE prestwick instructors, probably the cheapest res course going and good reports about it.
LGU, cheap compared to oats, don't know anything else.

I personally have choosen ATA to do my course FEB 10 /03 due to combination of resonable price, accomodation, experienced instructors and generally a good report by fellow wannabe's.
My mate is doing D/L with BGS and so far so good no complaints.
Hope that helps.;)

Ooops sorry, forgot to say with regards the amount of hours for study, well INMO as long as you can stay awake and if your not in class or on the bog you should be studying.

redsnail
30th Jun 2002, 19:32
I went to ATA last year. All in all I was reasonably happy with the service. All the instructors did their best to get the latest updates from a variety of sources including former students. Sure, some subjects could have been done better but I passed them first go so I was happy.
Usually start at 8.30 and was finished by 3-4 ish depending. Fridays were usually an early go because most like to get away. ie didn't worry about lunch time.
For module one, expect to be doing 2-3 hours a night and work on weekends. Module two, expect 3-4 hours + weekends.

sickBocks
30th Jun 2002, 20:01
I concur with the above. I went to ATA when comedy JAR was in it's infancy and the Instructors put a large effort into making sure we had covered all the bases. With the amount of feedback floating around now and the CAA removing dodgy questions ATA will have you well prepared.

The museum is next door which is useful for the technical stuff.

...and of course the Old Mill is in close proximity :)