PDA

View Full Version : the value of a cpl

forsrm
2nd Jul 2016, 18:11
Hi there!

To sum things up, I am currently enrolled in a mpl course in western Europe which is slowly coming to an end. The airline that I am doing said mpl with isn't doing very well at the moment so there is a waiting time of 1-3 years after training until you actually get employed. Hence I am playing with the thought of spending a few extra $ to get my regular cpl too -

do you think it is worth it? With it surely additional opportunities are available, like becoming an FI, other single pilot jobs and airlines that only post a cpl in their job offers. Or do you think with the current employment situation there is no point and I should just stick to what i have?

Many thanks for your opinions and responses.

Mickey Kaye
2nd Jul 2016, 18:31
Do you have enough hours to do the FI course?

Also as you will have passed the atpl written exams. You will see no added benefit instructing wise holding a CPL over a PPL with CPL TK. (Unless u want to teach for the CPL)

forsrm
4th Jul 2016, 08:45
Thanks! Well post line training I should so then I should be fine. You make it sound so simple!

Genghis the Engineer
4th Jul 2016, 13:40
Well given that there are lots of single pilot jobs (many with the addition of an instructors rating admittedly) available to CPL holders, but not to a straight MPL holder - plus it gets much easier to just hire an aeroplane and keep current solo - I'd say if you can afford it, get the CPL.