PDA

View Full Version : BA future pilot scheme - Security bond question

FredDickens
1st Jul 2016, 14:19
I have been reading up on the BA scheme and read on this forum that the next recruitment drive might be soon, but I would like to know what happens to the security bond if you complete the course and are told that there is no job at BA for you or you are made redundant within the repayment years. I understand the need for their clause, should the market change and them not being able to hire new pilots as planned, but there is no mention of how it is resolved if that happens.

I have enough money saved to cover the costs and knowing that most of the money will be paid back later is reassuring, because the money was saved for a house deposit now that I have moved back to the UK.

I also have a question about CAE at Oxford, which would be my preferred training school. On their website it mentions a "birds of a feather" discount, would that be applicable to their standard £7000 course fees? My partner (not yet married, but can easily be remedied and is probably needed to help her settle in the UK soon)current works as a flight attendant for a major airline in Asia, which is IATA registered.

Does anyone have any documentation from the 2015 intake? If possible I would like to prepare what is needed for the application in advance.

Outside of the (hopefully) upcoming BA intake, what are the alternatives? Virgin have a course, but it does not seem to be open for the foreseeable future, and Easyjet have one, but I have read bad things about the starting contracts etc.

Thanks.