PDA

View Full Version : Traning Captain Keg !!

mohikan
30th Jun 2016, 22:04
Nice to see another ex RAAF QFI get a gig. The Perth base is in for a real treat.

I also read that you are going to be responsbile for pilot recruitment ? Sorry if I got that wrong, wasn't as sure.

Anyhow, well done. I know you have put a mountain of work in to be able to get the position

Capn Bloggs
1st Jul 2016, 00:21
Haven't seen his visa application yet... This isn't the AU, you know! :E

Keg
1st Jul 2016, 01:00
Smart alec Mohikan. :=

I'm not yet a CAT. Still have a training course to do. A mountain of work still ahead of me.

Not responsible for pilot recruitment. That's Lisa Norman's gig. I'm one of 24 'pilot assessors' who assist in conducting 'assessment centres'. Haven't done one yet so interested to see how they go. (Now watch my inbox explode with people wanting info).

For those of you who don't know I'm not even ex RAAF let alone ex RAAF QFI. Have never professed to be in the RAAF but having spent 20 years in the Air Force CADETS know a bunch of people who are. Like many aviators I maintain an interest in the RAAF. Mohikan knows all this and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that his comment was tongue in cheek rather than along the lines of the previous false assertions he made about my history.

Sorry Bloggsie but I've been PER based since January. Too late now! Visa has been approved. Luckily I don't spend too much time there unless I have to. :ok: :}

SpyderPig
1st Jul 2016, 02:26
(Now watch my inbox explode with people wanting info).

Hahaha What do you drink Keg??? ;)

*Should have mentioned seems like well deserved promotion. One of this forums finest, well done that man.

Stationair8
1st Jul 2016, 02:31
Keg, is that Swiss bank account still active?

Offchocks
1st Jul 2016, 03:21
Congrats Keg on getting back into the LH seat and into training too!

Capn Bloggs
1st Jul 2016, 05:48
Sorry Bloggsie but I've been PER based since January. Too late now! Visa has been approved.
Right, that's it. Close the borders! WAxit!

ACMS
1st Jul 2016, 06:05
Let's see A380 SYD FO or A330 PER CN........must have been a tough choice, shame you had to leave Australia to get back to the left :p

framer
1st Jul 2016, 09:06
From what I have read here over the years Keg seems fairly enlightened so I imagine he will be able to adjust. I spent some time there in the 90's setting the place up and you'd be surprised, as long as he doesn't speak too quickly the locals will get some of his jokes, they're not that different from us really.

Duck Pilot
1st Jul 2016, 10:37
Don't know you Keg (well don't think so!). It's really good to hear pilots giving very positive recognition to fellow pilots/mates. Great post and congratulations Keg!!! Industry needs good check and trainers at all levels.

IsDon
1st Jul 2016, 12:05
Well done Keg and well deserved. :D

C441
1st Jul 2016, 12:06
So what's it gunna be Keg? Eagles or Dockers?

Keg
1st Jul 2016, 12:33
So what's it gunna be Keg? Eagles or Dockers?

Whoa. Them's fighting words. :eek: Has been and always will be the Bloods. I only commute to PER for work after all. :E

Thanks to those of you with kind words. I was humbled to be selected and humbled again by the kind words from many of you. IsDon, TACM 1.5.2.1. Hope we can utilise it sooner rather than later! :D :ok:

airdualbleedfault
2nd Jul 2016, 02:31
So keg, the logical next step would be Network chief pilot 😀 (if you can afford the pay cut)

megan
2nd Jul 2016, 05:10
Don't know you from a bar of soap, as the saying goes, Keg. Hearty congratulations however, have always enjoyed your posts, always full of good sense, can see you slipping right into the training role.

muffman
7th Jul 2016, 11:44
Congratulations Keg, well deserved. We haven't met but I paxed on a number of your flights on the 767 and knew I was in safe hands. A great contributor around here for as long as I can remember. :ok: