PDA

View Full Version : frustrated with ATPL exam results for June

take_me_on_high
29th Jun 2002, 12:04
I can't be the only unhappy person out there with my ATPL theory exam results.

Just sat Gen Nav 78%,Rad Nav 71%, Ops Proc 71%, Fly Planning 65%

I am soooooo bummed with the results as I had a strong feeling that I would pass 3 of them expecially flight planning! 65% what the hell! I suppose that they are first time attempts but it has knocked me back a bit again.

I need moral support from you pilots please!! Gimmie a crutch. I have passed 5 exams of the 8 from the first sitting so now I have 6 retakes and instrument and met for first attempt next month. Panic. This has to be the hardest thing that I have ever done, EVER.

But, I will continue and persue this career as I will have my office in a sky.

So, What I want to know is, How many others of you failed and thought you did better
and
of those that have passed them all, how many of you successfully got them all on the second attempt? Did you find it harder the second time around etc....

Hope to hear good things from you all soon.
JD

Air Driven Generator
29th Jun 2002, 15:52
Keep ya chin up,

We all have been through the mill with exams, I did the old CAA system so am not too familiar with the JAR groundschool however I am sure it six of one and half a dozen of the other.

Keep on at it, I didn't pass them all on the first attempt however, the two that I did fail I passed with flying colours on the second attempt and also found it a little easier. (ie. Only two subjects to concentrate on!!)

Don't give up!!

Good Luck

:D

pilota-italiano
29th Jun 2002, 18:22
Hey mate don't worry you'll get them eventually,personally I have just got 3 reseats INSTR 82% ,MET 76%,FLT PLN 79%!

I found them easyer the second time but i have to say that I was very confident on MET and only got 76%,quite happy with FLT PLN and only got 79% and very unsure about INSTR and I got 82%!!! so you never know how you did untill you get the results.

So now I have passed 8 in total (BRS GS MOD 1) and looking fwd to MOD2!!

When I failed the first time I felt really down but I concetrate on them 3 for 5 weeks and reseat them getting the above results,so just stick with it and don't give up,when you'll pass them the feeling will be great!!!

Good luck to everyone with your ATPL's!!!!

CIAO

PI:cool:

gorky
29th Jun 2002, 20:28
hello,
what school did you do and what system are you doing? Res.course or on site?
I am looking to do my ATPL with Bristol ground school res. course.
Any comment would be appreciated.

PFD
30th Jun 2002, 11:03
It never fails to impress me when I see the effort you people put in to passing your JAR ATPL exams.

I personally tell my students/customers that in my opinion it is the hardest thing they will ever do, just look at what you overcome:

1. It's like school, but the time constraints are frightening.
2. It's like death by fact, after fact, after fact, and you have to remember them!!
3. Coursework and homework don't count towards your exam.
4. You only get so many attempts, then it is back to square 1.

Anyone attempting the JAR exams, give yourself a pat on the back and do not give up. So you might have failed a few exams, at least you don't have to retake the ones you passed.

My advice to anyone retaking exams is this, if you can remember a question or questions you particularly did not like or understand, try and get your head around this topic, whether it is Direct Reading Compasses, Gyros, RPM indicators, supercharging or whatever.

JAR feedback helps, but knowledge of the subject will get you the extra 2 or 3 marks to make the difference, when you get the new or tricky questions.

In conclusion

Yes it is the hardest academic thing you will do. You can do it if you want to, and those of you who passed all your exams first time; well you obviously had me ;)

Regards to all and good luck whether you be Modular, Integrated and wherever you are training.

VFE
30th Jun 2002, 11:18
Chin up TMOH,

I passed 3 out of the 6 ATPL's I took first time. Bit of a git but feedback and practice questions seem to be the key if those who passed them all are anything to go by.

VFE.

chief
1st Jul 2002, 17:08
I also fill absolutely gutted by the shear fact I put in loads of hard work into this god forsaken career (which is what I have wanted to do since the year dot) and like many people have been through so much sh*t to get to the end; I get the most crapiest results ever - 74% Flight Planning and the rest, around 70%. At least I passed two exams!! There is some intelligence up there!? Anyway, to the rest of the people who did do badly in their exams in June, I know just how you feel and to the guys and gals who got through (gritting my teeth) well done.

I am now back in the same seat in the library studying again.

AAAAAAaaaaggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Regards

Chief......Chief Schmuck!!

cleared24right
1st Jul 2002, 19:32
I'm well frustrated got 13 out of the 14 failing one out of my last six by 1% on radio nav an i sat them in june....so close but yet so far!

Ah well onward and upward

Field In Sight
2nd Jul 2002, 09:54
One guy I spoke to at OATS recently when I did my first brushup course had passed all exams bar AGK and he was on his last resit for it.
He's also done all of CPL/Multi IR flying stuff so you can imagine the pressure he was under. I don't know how he did?

Also at least we get to answer papers written almost in our native language, i.e. JAR english.

Good luck with the resits.

Bengal
2nd Jul 2002, 20:54
First thing - hats off to anyone who passed them all first time. On starting out I thought a reasonably intelligent guy like myself would have no problem getting them all first time. Unfortunately it turned into a battle of attrition. Got 7 of them first time, 5 second time round, AGK at the third & INST went right to the wire -- got it on the 4th attempt. And I took the full 18 months to complete them. I had convinced myself I'd failed the June INST paper & I was going to be doing the whole lot again. Fortunately I managed to pass the bitch (82%).

I studied my tits off for all the subjects & when the white envelope comes through the door & you've failed by 1 or 2 percent - it really, really hurts. The only advice I can give is - don't dwell on failing, pick yourself up - study hard & get as many feedback papers as possible. The exams are a long, dark, frustrating tunnel of s**t. The fun stuff is on the other side..

All the best to everyone still fighting the JAR exams