PDA

View Full Version : SOPs: ALT select setting

G-V
28th Jun 2016, 07:56
Hello guys and gals.

Would like to know what SOPs are currently in place at your company regarding who is to dial the next altitude in the ALT window.

Conditions: AP engaged, PF - left seat, PM - right seat.

Please post the name of the company and who, according to the SOPs, is dialling the next altitude, PF or PM.

Any input concerning philosophy behind it is more than welcome.

Thanks and happy landings!

GV

underfire
28th Jun 2016, 08:05
Please post the name of the company and who, according to the SOPs, is dialling the next altitude, PF or PM.

oi vey........................

FlyingStone
28th Jun 2016, 08:22
Any normal SOP would have the PF doing it with the AP engaged, and PM if the AP is disengaged. Regardless of their seat position.

Check Airman
29th Jun 2016, 02:57
I've done it both ways- with the PF setting it with the AP on, and with the PM always setting it. I prefer having the PM set the altitude.

FlightDetent
29th Jun 2016, 05:33
Any normal SOP would have the PF doing it with the AP engaged, and PM if the AP is disengaged. Regardless of their seat position.
^^^ what he said

ACMS
29th Jun 2016, 07:09
Huh? With the A/P engaged the PF is the one responsible for all selections on the FCU/MCP as he's the one flying the Aircraft and knows what he wants it to do, how and when.......surely??

Obviously with the A/P off the PM makes the Alt selection without direction BUT all other changes are directed by the PF.

I don't like the idea of both seats making changes on the FCU/MCP at the same time!!

vilas
29th Jun 2016, 10:01
G-V
What your SOP says will matter to you. All guys are saying what Airbus says. AP ON FCU is handled by PF. Strangely though on FCOM page SOPS-STD CALL OUTS at GS* PF asks SET GA ALT---FT. and PM responds GA ALT--- SET that led some airlines to ask PM to set it. Four years ago in one of the meetings airbus had said they are going to change it but they haven't done so far.

Papa_Golf
29th Jun 2016, 17:47
The first one who reaches the MCP. 😂