PDA

View Full Version : Advice on where to get my pilot license

marchua14
26th Jun 2016, 06:15
I'm 18 years old and I'm planning to do my Pilot training to become a commercial pilot.I am from Malaysia but I want to do my flight training outside of Malaysia.I need some advice on where I should do my flight training,should i go for the Easa License ,FAA or Australian license ? Which is better for employability ? If I have an EASA license ,but I am not an EU citizen can I work in Europe ?

wonder88
26th Jun 2016, 21:21
Unless you are an EU citizen you cannot work in the EU especially as a low hours cadet pilot (there are already plenty of low hours EU pilots already looking for jobs). As for which license to go for I think the real question should be where do you want to work after you finish your flight training?

Flight training schools will tell you what ever it takes to get your money so do as much research as possible and try applying for sponsored schemes if its an option for you.

paco
27th Jun 2016, 10:43
If you don't need an EASA licence, don't bother with it. You can use it in other places around the world, but they are very few (usually in Africa) and Europe is only 20% of the world anyway. Did you want to fly bush or airlines?

ersa
27th Jun 2016, 10:46
Train in Australia , good choices in Perth Western Australia or Queensland East Coast.

Excellent connections from KL to OZ

marchua14
28th Jun 2016, 04:17
Are the job opportunity good in Australia ?

marchua14
28th Jun 2016, 04:26
Unless you are an EU citizen you cannot work in the EU especially as a low hours cadet pilot (there are already plenty of low hours EU pilots already looking for jobs). As for which license to go for I think the real question should be where do you want to work after you finish your flight training?

Flight training schools will tell you what ever it takes to get your money so do as much research as possible and try applying for sponsored schemes if its an option for you.

But I feel that In Europe there will be more job opportunities as there are a lot of airlines and smaller service airlines /Regional or charter service company.I am not an eye citizen but I can apply for a work permit right.I am planning if I can't find a job I'll take up the flight instructor rating n work as a flight instructor while I gain hours.

In Malaysia the job opportunities are limited.The only airline that will hire low hours pilot is Air Asia ,and all the low hours graduate will be after that one rare opportunity and they come j. Hundreds if not thousands.

What would your advice be ?

Thank you very much

Pole sana
28th Jun 2016, 09:14
In Europe you will be in a disadvantage position to get a job. Not only for airlines but for instructor position or any aerial work.

If you want to get EASA licence try Hungary, is quite cheap. Im doing my modular now here, but I know I will not get a job around. Anyway, EASA is the best licence to work later anywhere in Africa or Asia... middle east....

Martin_123
28th Jun 2016, 11:28
no-one in EU or Australia will give a work permit to a pilot. Plenty enough 0 hour cadets lying around. You're still very young - consider applying for a student visa instead, get a degree, get a permanent residency a job in an industry with high demand and then resume your pilot dream once you have residency or even EU/Australian passport sorted.. this is a minimum 6-8 year project, but the only way for anyone to get into EU or Australia..

have you considered middle east or other Asian countries?

marchua14
30th Jun 2016, 05:31
I agree with you that EASA is a great license and that's why I want to obtain an EASA license.May I know what flying school are you at in Hungary.Im planning to go to Barcelona Flight school

Pole sana
1st Jul 2016, 10:38
Hi there marchua!

I have a friend in Barcelona flight school, he was with me in PannonAir but had to move due to his job and he said is a nice option. In Pannon I do online training for ATPL and I go to do 5 or 10 days of flying when I can... The prices there are very attractive, so it works for me to take a cheap ticket once a month or second month from Netherlands where I live. Here it would cost me twice the price!!!

If you're from Malaysia you should be ok to get a job in south east Asia. The market there seems to be quite open there. I always hear about SusyAir and I would love to try with them.