PDA

View Full Version : New Pilot to the scene

Conrad Collinson
25th Jun 2016, 22:13
Hi,

I am a new pilot and have just had my first lesson. (for the record I have no Idea if I am posting in the right place I just clicked one and hoped for the best)

I am just wondering once I have my license what planes does that qualify me to fly???

Thanks

tail wheel
25th Jun 2016, 23:29
If you are in England you've definitely posted in the wrong forum.

Australia here - and we really don't understand what the POMs do........ :}

I'll move you to the correct forum.

parkfell
26th Jun 2016, 07:47
A discussion with your flying club would be the most fruitful at this stage.

I might speculate and say SINGLE ENGINE PISTON -LAND (simple types as oppose to complex types.)

CAP804 refers. I light bit of bedtime reading.

Enjoy your flying. Prepare well before each lesson.

Windyflap
27th Jun 2016, 13:26
One piston engine (no turbines!), up to 5700kg MTWA, and technically I don't think there is a pax limit per se. You'll be qualified to fly by day (SR-30 until SS+30) in Visual Meteorological Conditions only. Assuming you are learning on something like a Pa28 or a Cessna 152/172, you will have an EASA PPL(A), valid for life, with a SEP(L) class rating which lasts for two years and is either renewed or revalidated in a couple of ways, generally with a check ride with an instructor. Unless you learn on something with a variable pitch propeller, or a retractable undercarriage, or a turbocharger, or glass cockpit, you'll have to do something called differences training to fly aircraft with those bells and whistles on. Good fun. My favourite aeroplanes so far are the turbo arrow (mainly because of the hilarity of the turbo-lag and the extra 6" MAP it generates after you set power - its a proper handful) and the Cessna 182, because it is a lovely machine with a silky smooth flat 6 and a 300'/min glide if you ask it nicely, oh and a real 135-140kIAS cruise.