PDA

View Full Version : No one hurt after gunman shot dead at cinema in Germany

rotornut
23rd Jun 2016, 23:57
Um... No one hurt? This was taken from the headline in the Globe and Mail online edition.

The SSK
24th Jun 2016, 00:04
It has become the norm - maybe some unwritten journalistic code of conduct - not to include perpetrators in the casualty lists. I think I approve, although it can be confusing.

llondel
24th Jun 2016, 00:20
It is technically correct, after he was shot no one was hurt because the incident was over.

Flying Binghi
24th Jun 2016, 00:22
So... will this be another thread where only those with the 'approved' point of view are allowed to post and all others thread banned ?

PLovett
24th Jun 2016, 00:48
So... will this be another thread where only those with the 'approved' point of view are allowed to post and all others thread banned ?

Amen to that. It appears I had a post deleted on another thread after scorning the mess the Republican Party has become. It seems our right-wing cousins didn't approve of having their choices questioned.

West Coast
24th Jun 2016, 02:10
Nether of you familiar with who does the moderating I see.

PLovett
24th Jun 2016, 06:50
Actually West Coast, the word is spelt "Neither", and yes, I know who does the moderating and who owns the site.

West Coast
24th Jun 2016, 09:25
Then stop complaining.

If you're unhappy about the moderation, then direct your ire towards....the moderators.

PLovett
24th Jun 2016, 09:38
Please learn to read or stop ascribing motives to something that isn't there. You just may learn something.