PDA

View Full Version : How sick can you get?

Gertrude the Wombat
22nd Jun 2016, 20:45
Jo Cox Memorial: Outrage After Planes Flying Brexit Banners Pass 'Repeatedly' Over Event (http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/jo-cox-memorial-trafalgar-square-vote-leave-plane-banner_uk_576aaea2e4b0b1f1704fdfed?edition=uk&utm_hp_ref=uk)

The answer would appear to be "very sick indeed" - the official leave campaign now seem to be demonstrating in support of their terrorist wing.

So who were the pilots? Anyone here? Feeling proud of yourself?

BigEndBob
22nd Jun 2016, 21:30
So did you read the article?

Kitbag
22nd Jun 2016, 21:40
Just for those who didn't get further than a headline:

The stunt was revealed to have been organised by aircraft manufacturers ‘Britten-Norman’, who arranged it as part of their own Brexit campaign.
A spokesperson for the group apologised to those offended by the accidental overlap of timings but added they were “very dissapointed” by the affair.
They said: “We understand that, during a pre-planned photo opportunity over Westminster today, we were visible from Trafalgar Square and that our flight coincided with an important service...

“The timing of our flight was determined by weather, air traffic control and the prior approval of the Diplomatic Protection Group and required the consent of he Metropolitan Police.
“We are clearly very dissapointed that the timing of the service and our flight have overlapped but there was no NOTAM [Notice To Airmen] requesting the avoidance and the coinciding of the timing could not have been known by the crew flying the sortie.
“Our sincere apologies to anyone present who has been offended by the overflight. We would also like to take the opportunity to advise that the flight was a private one and was not sanctioned by the official Vote Leave campaign.”

Gertrude the Wombat
22nd Jun 2016, 21:47
MRDA

Kitbag
22nd Jun 2016, 22:06
I had to look the MRDA phrase up, apparently it is a reference to Mandy Rice Davis. Not sure what a tart has to do with these things, but it seems to be more regularly used by those who see a conspiracy in every event.
Still, for a bit of balance (probably difficult for Gertrude) lets have a bit of outrage over Will Straw (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/20/leader-of-pro-eu-campaign-accused-of-morally-unacceptable-plot-t/)

PDR1
22nd Jun 2016, 23:45
I had to look the MRDA phrase up, apparently it is a reference to Mandy Rice Davis. Not sure what a tart has to do with these things, but it seems to be more regularly used by those who see a conspiracy in every event.

Mandy Rice Davies is remembered for many things, amongst them being the time during the trial of Stephen Ward when the defence barrister put it to her that Lord Astor denied ever having met her she responded with "well he would, wouldn't he!"

I believe that some feel there are certain parallels that could be drawn here.

PDR

Tankertrashnav
23rd Jun 2016, 00:22
I'm not a Brexit supporter, but I dont think the MRDA argument applies at all in this case. Anyone who knows anything about flying will appreciate the hoops Britten Norman will have had to jump through to get this flight organised, and I for one am perfectly happy to accept their explanation. Similarly, as a remain supporter I am unhappy about a very unpleasant tendency for "my" side to try and occupy the moral high ground, and to tar all Brexit supporters with the same brush as the maniac who murdered Jo Cox. I most certainly disassociate myself from anyone on the remain side who holds views like that

My only further comment is to wish that Britten- Norman would learn to spell "disappointed"!

ORAC
23rd Jun 2016, 07:18
Here was me thinking it meant "Must Read the Damn Article".....

B Fraser
23rd Jun 2016, 07:35
I thought it was "My Right to Demand Attention".

SpringHeeledJack
23rd Jun 2016, 14:58
I was, like most shocked by the murder of this MP a week ago, could fully understand her Westminster colleagues having a recall to pay their 'business' respects and for local people in Yorkshire to praise/mourn/celebrate her as a person and their MP. What I am having a harder time understanding is that a full week later, after 7 days of in-depth coverage, there are meetings 'all over the world'????? to remember her, the meeting yesterday in Trafalgar Sq (how did that get permission at short notice ?) with hundreds of professional placards, her poor husband and children rolled out to the audience on the stage and further coverage. There are some very important geo political events happening right now that have been pushed off to the side and, as said, I'm a bit puzzled by the extreme coverage. That anyone might have tried to garner political capital out of the death of an MP is lamentable in the extreme.

SHJ

Stanwell
23rd Jun 2016, 15:28
Just my suspicious nature, but...
I can't help wondering whether that banner-towing incident was somehow cleverly contrived "Black Propaganda".

yellowtriumph
23rd Jun 2016, 17:49
I was, like most shocked by the murder of this MP a week ago, could fully understand her Westminster colleagues having a recall to pay their 'business' respects and for local people in Yorkshire to praise/mourn/celebrate her as a person and their MP. What I am having a harder time understanding is that a full week later, after 7 days of in-depth coverage, there are meetings 'all over the world'????? to remember her, the meeting yesterday in Trafalgar Sq (how did that get permission at short notice ?) with hundreds of professional placards, her poor husband and children rolled out to the audience on the stage and further coverage. There are some very important geo political events happening right now that have been pushed off to the side and, as said, I'm a bit puzzled by the extreme coverage. That anyone might have tried to garner political capital out of the death of an MP is lamentable in the extreme.

SHJ
A young lad died a few weeks back, a tragic road accident. First we had a few cars pulling up to visit the scene, then we had more and more of them and the police had to put up warning signs as it was a narrowish road. Then we had the candles. Then we had the assorted flowers and such. Then we had the deck chairs. Then we had the tables. Then we had .. yes, the camping stove. I believe the phenomenon is called recreational grieving. My grief is bigger than your grief, I think it started around the time of Princess Diana.

Union Jack
23rd Jun 2016, 18:39
I'm not a Brexit supporter, but I dont think the MRDA argument applies at all in this case. Anyone who knows anything about flying will appreciate the hoops Britten Norman will have had to jump through to get this flight organised, and I for one am perfectly happy to accept their explanation.

Indeed TTN, and I am perfectly happy to accept their explanation too, despite the disruption caused by the two aircraft flying several times at low level over the north London cricket ground where I was watching a family member playing, miles from Westminster.

I don't think I've ever had cause to disagree with anything posted by Gertrude before, but I do believe that this time she's boarded the outrage bus quite unnecessarily.

Jack

Gertrude the Wombat
23rd Jun 2016, 21:09
If it were a genuine cock-up, and the MRDA answer really hadn't been scripted in advance, then it was the most monumental failure of campaign management I've ever seen. No 18 year old volunteer campaign organiser on their first election in a dead council ward would have let something like that happen. Which suggests that someone even less competent than that is in charge.