PDA

View Full Version : Lufthansa A320neo in ALN

fl380
22nd Jun 2016, 10:57
Anyone knows what is going on with LH A320neo parked at ALN? LH engine covered...? :uhoh:

DaveReidUK
22nd Jun 2016, 12:03
Do you really mean ALN?

I suspect not, judging by the photo.

DaveReidUK
22nd Jun 2016, 13:19
One of Airbus's favourite hot weather testing locations is Al Ain, Abu Dhabi (IATA code AAN).

A little Googling reveals that A320neo #6920 D-AUBG has been there recently testing the GTF engine fix.

Using IATA codes instead of airport names in posts only saves time if you get them right. :ugh:

treadigraph
24th Jun 2016, 12:00
Using IATA codes instead of airport names in posts only saves time if you get them right

For the poster maybe, those of us who only know a few codes would probably prefer to see proper airport names - I'm certainly not going to be bothered to look up a code to decipher which airfield is being referred to. Same with airline codes. :)

Evanelpus
24th Jun 2016, 15:33
At least the OP put his/her thread in Spotters Corner!

Peter47
25th Jun 2016, 20:34
The great thing with the web is that you can open up another window and google the code - it takes five seconds. Which is just as well as I am hopeless at non US ICAO codes.

DaveReidUK
25th Jun 2016, 21:32
The great thing with the web is that you can open up another window and google the code - it takes five seconds.

Which, coincidentally, must have been about the time it would have taken the OP for the extra 4 keystrokes to spell out the airport name rather than a dodgy IATA code.

Though given that they haven't had the good manners to acknowledge their question being answered, it makes you wonder why we bother. :ugh:

Milton77
27th Jun 2016, 15:37
Lufthansa A320neo in ALN Anyone knows what is going on with LH A320neo parked at ALN? LH engine covered...? http://cdn.pprune.org/images/smilies/worry.gif
It's been stopped there (in Al-Ain - UAE) for a week.
Last monday, a A400M flew from Airbus Toulouse to Al-Ain. Last time it did that route, it was carrying a GTF engine.