PDA

View Full Version : Excel/Numbers help for a presentation

MOSTAFA
21st Jun 2016, 07:46
I am trying to put a presentation together in Keynote or PowerPoint. Basically, I am looking to see how in Numbers/excel I can? The problem, a ship/platform is moving in a compass direction (360 deg) the relative wind is coming from a compass direction (360 deg) pilot decides to approach said platform from what is the best available direction to give some sort of, if possible, into wind effect.

Now I have a 30 degree vector picture (12 for a 360 panorama of the landing ship/platform)

I'd like to be able to enter the ship/platform heading where this would give me the best available into wind effect and from there be able to see the picture of what the platform/ship approach will look like?

Anybody any ideas where to start?

Heathrow Harry
21st Jun 2016, 09:28
I guess you'd need multiple columns with the track (real & predicted) for the platform and the aircraft - the aircraft path would have to be tied to the platform

then graph them both using points ??

MOSTAFA
21st Jun 2016, 14:43
Thanks Harry, I was hoping some ex Royal Navy Aviator had already come up with half the problem solved and the pictures would be just a button type add on.

Heathrow Harry
23rd Jun 2016, 16:22
Sure someone has - I played about with it once years ago but never got soemthing that worked very well...........................