PDA

View Full Version : Grupo Taca

Panama Jack
29th Jun 2002, 03:07
Is anybody familiar with the Grupo Taca flight crew hiring criteria and contact address?

Always Moving
30th Jun 2002, 18:56
Grupo taca is very shady It has done things very bad.
If you do not have a person in the inside, not a chance.:mad:

Panama Jack
3rd Jul 2002, 22:51
Pues, asi es la vida en Latinoamerica. :rolleyes:

crazy_max
5th Jul 2002, 06:50
There is no such thing as Grupo Taca.
The best advise I can give you is to stay away. I am sure that you can find a much better job with Copa or with one of the Corporate Airplanes operating at Malek.
I am an ex LACSA pilot, thanks to GOD I was lucky enough to find a job elsewhere because the treatment towards pilots at all the airlines, except the El Salvador one, is trully evil and unfair.
KEEP AWAY

Panama Jack
11th Jul 2002, 01:09
I have indeed heard these same stories, in fact from another ex-LACSA pilot (may have even been you???) Problem is that I am unable to work in aviation in Panama because of the citizenship restraints (to get the Panamanian ATP and not being a Panamanian citizen) but am working on getting the Nicaraguan licenses. I hear some rumors that they canned all of the Nica pilots, others say they are flying the A300 freighters? Besides that, there is just Atlantic Airlines and La Costena-- nothing enviable either. All of the corporate stuff I see at MNMG seems to have TG registration. :(

Panama Jack
11th Jul 2002, 01:11
B.T.W., I hear that TACA management has ruthless ways of dealing with the El Salvador pilots also.

crazy_max
11th Jul 2002, 12:20
Hey PJ...
It all depends on wich group of "pilots" you are referring to. Because among the El Salvador "pilots" there are several groups.
There is the group that makes very good money and flys very little, and there is the group that gets a phone call a week before Christmas at 1:00am to let them know the Crew Car is picking them up in 15 minutes so they can sign the new contract. Or get fired if the don't.
Nice company???

Panama Jack
12th Jul 2002, 00:35
Geesh!!!

CentralFlow
17th Aug 2002, 14:33
Any contact details for Grupo Taca Operations ?
CentralFlow