PDA

View Full Version : ATPL flight test

Iampilot2
20th Jun 2016, 09:21
Hello fellow aviators,

I am converting to Australian ATPL from EASA.
Anyone have any tips to where I can complete the ATPL flight test to an affordable cost?

Is it possible to do it overseas ?

Appreciate feedback.,:)

das Uber Soldat
20th Jun 2016, 09:35
I did it.

What a complete waste of time and money.

If you're not doing it through an employer, then you're going to have to find a sim, a sim buddy, a set of procedures then pay CASA a fair amount to do the test.

What are you endorsed on?

Iampilot2
20th Jun 2016, 10:47
I am endorsed on the DHC 8.

How did you do your conversion?

Goat Whisperer
21st Jun 2016, 08:16
There is a DhC8 sim in Melbourne, and there are certified CASA examiners working there. ATPL flight tests have been arranged in the past.

If you do it overseas you need CASA certified people and probably a CASA cerfitified sim.

Iampilot2
22nd Jun 2016, 08:47
Thank you for your reply guys..
It's very expensive to rent simulator with Ansett in Melbourne compared to in Europe.
I will look into some options in regards to performing the flight test in Europe.
If anyone have any tips please feel free to share:)

The name is Porter
24th Jun 2016, 12:30
I've got a tip for you. Convert from EASA to FAA (You'll thank me)

Iampilot2
25th Jun 2016, 21:08
Are there anyone taking the CASA Part 61 ATPL flight test in the near future as part of conversion or just upgrade from CPL??

I spoke to CASA about taking the ATPL flight test in Europe and they confirmed its possible with some extra costs.

If we are few canditates for the flight test performing the test in Europe is a cheaper option than through ex. Ansett in Melbourne.

Anyone??!

:)

Flyer4040
15th Dec 2018, 08:21
Are there anyone taking the CASA Part 61 ATPL flight test in the near future as part of conversion or just upgrade from CPL??

I spoke to CASA about taking the ATPL flight test in Europe and they confirmed its possible with some extra costs.

If we are few canditates for the flight test performing the test in Europe is a cheaper option than through ex. Ansett in Melbourne.

Anyone??!

:)

hi mate I’ll be up for that
what rating do you have ?

redsnail
15th Dec 2018, 14:27
Iampilot2 posted that 2 years ago. Hopefully they're sorted now.