PDA

View Full Version : Geneva airport viewing deck

lotus1
19th Jun 2016, 16:49
It is many years since I have been to Geneva airport does anyone know if the viewing area has reopened my brother was there in 2014 this was closed many thanks

Hotel Tango
19th Jun 2016, 17:37
According to this site it's still closed. There are other options as you can see on their map.

[http://www.dpts.org/] Click on main photo points

Sultan Ismail
20th Jun 2016, 04:46
The perfect location is "Le Chef" restaurant on top floor. I have been using it for at least 30 years under different names. They have set up "bleachers" for 'plane spotters, you may be obliged to buy a café.
I was there in April entertaining my son to lunch, fine dining at not so stratospheric prices.

RAT 5
22nd Jun 2016, 09:13
Apologies for tagging on the back of this thread. I was in GVA yesterday. Parked that the eastern apron was a winglet-ed (B767??) It looked bigger than a B737NG, from a distance. It was all white, no reg of normal size. No visible windows. There seemed to be a 'smudge' of a flag on the side beneath the leading edge of the horizontal stabiliser. It all looked very dubious, remembering the rendition flights some years ago. However, I doubt anything so contentious would be happening in GVA. Any ideas whose it is and what's it doing?

DaveReidUK
22nd Jun 2016, 09:35
Amerijet have one of their 767Fs (N739AX) in an all-white scheme, maybe that one?

Hotel Tango
22nd Jun 2016, 13:11
RAT 5, TNT operated an all white B757 (with winglets) OO-TFC into GVA yesterday. I believe the aircraft stays parked up most of the day. Was it on the SE ramp (south of the terminal and close to the main GA ramp)?

RAT 5
23rd Jun 2016, 08:12
Yes. What was odd was that at normal distances there was no visible tail registration.

DaveReidUK
23rd Jun 2016, 09:55
Yes. What was odd was that at normal distances there was no visible tail registration.

Not many photos of OO-TFC on the net, but this one

http://www.planepics.no/photos/oo-tfc.jpg

shows the reg immediately below what looks like the EU and Belgian flags, just forward of the h/stab.

hoss183
23rd Jun 2016, 10:15
@RAT 5 you mean the apron way down the eastern end close to the end of the rwy?
That tends to be a long term parking for all kinds of lost aircraft. some have been there for years with no tail numbers.

Regarding the OP. As Ismail says the free access deck has been gone for some years, but the resto on top has a terrace if you buy something. Access is via a well hidden elevetor at the west end of the concourse.

Hotel Tango
23rd Jun 2016, 11:02
hoss183, I believe that RAT already acknowledged that it was at the southern end near the GA terminal. As such, and since it was in that day, I would bet on it being the TNT B757. It's all white and it has winglets.