PDA

View Full Version : To Do List

R J Kinloch
19th Jun 2016, 08:46
I am looking for a simple standalone to do list (like reminderfox for example) that I can install both on my Laptop (Windows 7) and my Android phone that will Sync between the two. Just like Google Sheets and Docs syncs. ie when I change something in Docs on my Laptop it also changes (via wifi) on my phone.

Thanking you in advance :ok:

Also to use popup messages to remind me rather than go into the program and check for reminders.

FlightDetent
19th Jun 2016, 10:14
I tried Wunderlist, but changed to ToDoist later. Evernote was way too complicated fo me.

Heathrow Harry
23rd Jun 2016, 16:24
I usea n Excelspreadhseet - print it out once a week and stick it in my briefcase and scribble updates on it - ....................................

Capn Bloggs
24th Jun 2016, 07:33
Try GTOTasks: TinjaSoft (http://www.tinjasoft.com/)

A great app with lots of features except popup reminders.

It is my "short list" must-have app. It syncs with Google Tasks (on your Google Calendar).

For complicated lists/details, I use Evernote.

QA1
4th Jul 2016, 07:36
'Google Keep' does what you ask. You can also archive notes you want to retain but not use on a daily basis.

scudrunner2018
4th Jul 2016, 21:54
You should try Wunderlist.

crablab
5th Jul 2016, 07:39
Seconded for Google Keep as it has a native app for Android

R J Kinloch
12th Jul 2016, 09:07
Well I've discovered the answer albeit at the price of selling my soul to Google.
First: Install Google Calendar on both devices. Then anything put into Calendar on the Laptop automatically syncs to the Mobile. I'm yet to figure out how to sync my Mobile to the Laptop but I live in hope.
Second: Install a program called " Checker Plus for Calendar" on your Laptop. This installs an icon in the notification bar which gives a pop-up when something is due. Clicking on the icon also brings up Calendar. Now, how to get pop-ups on the Mobile.
Third: Install the Google Now Launcher on your Mobile and use it instead of your Mobile Launcher. The first item that appears is Agenda with today's appointments/tasks. At the bottom of this it says " Show full agenda" which shows, as you would expect, your full agenda. Simples!

Capn Bloggs
12th Jul 2016, 09:29
I'm yet to figure out how to sync my Mobile to the Laptop but I live in hope.
It'll auto sync, just like Laptop>Mobile.

Thanks for the 2nd and 3rd tips. I'm going to have a look at those.