PDA

View Full Version : Digital Portables Feedback.

Aviater
19th Jun 2016, 08:22
Is anybody flying with any of the Garmin Pilot software on a tablet? I know they're packed full of goodies in the U.S. but are they worth the investment here in Aus?

I use a few different Garmin portables depending on the mission and I love there systems and layouts.

I also use Ozrunways which is great. Never been able to fall in love with Avplan though I'm probably due for another attempt.....

I'd also be interested to hear from anyone using a portable AHRS platform with streaming to an Android or Apple powered PFD such as iLevel or Garmin AHRS etc.

Cheers! :ok:

Squawk7700
19th Jun 2016, 10:25
I run an iLevil AHRS. It's the earlier model with the pitot and static. The AH is not reliable and could never be used in an "emergency." Moderately disappointed as the company simply said to check the mount is level and that this has never happened before. At $1500 or so for a new one I don't really want to buy one in case the same thing happens. You'll be flying along and look down to see a 45 degree angle of bank that it never recovers from. You can reset the iPad and it's still crooked so it's the unit itself.

Ultralights on here is running the never model so may be able to comment on his level of success.