PDA

View Full Version : NIMROD MRA4 pilots out there?

Cryolosophorous
28th Jun 2002, 22:55
So what's the plan for the next 12 months with this new airframe? where will the test flying be done? any ideas what this actually entails?

(Answers on a postcard to a curious atco)

BEagle
28th Jun 2002, 23:32
You've probably got more chance of seeing the Zurich Insurance porcovolant display team........

Reheat On
29th Jun 2002, 05:51
see woodford thread - all flying Cx'd TFN due Trees - and Nimrods into trees on the overrun do not mix as those will long Kinloss memories will recall.

Failing that, watch the Tereasury fighting a rearguard action.

FJJP
29th Jun 2002, 06:51
As a matter of interest, do any of the Woodford TPs read Pprune?

1st Threshold
29th Jun 2002, 10:11
ctland

AFAIK, the first airframe (PA1) will make a test flight late this year or very early next year. Further flights should start second quarter 03. Second airframe will be kitted out with all mission kit, and it is planned to fly end 03 I think.

Actuall schedules I dont know, but I have been told there is a big push to get it airborne this year, as I beleive BAE are putting in a bid for the US MMA program, and having a flying airframe is major plus point when you look at what the other contenders are likely to offer.

For extra info you could always try the BAE website (not sure how much info is there mind you), or look at the DPA website.

Sorry dont know the URLs for those

1st Threshold

Edited to correct all correct spelling at sauce

sycamore
29th Jun 2002, 11:35
They`re also looking for Satco and Atco at Woodford -tree-felling experience a plus!(Flight Int,).:p

canberra
30th Jun 2002, 21:15
bit confused over woodford and nimrods. i was under the impression that woodford was closing as a bae airfield and that all nimrod flying was being done at warton. and finally why has it become mra4? as the 1 and 2 also had an attack capability why werent they mra? and come to that what about the dear old shack that was also mr. and who makes up these designations anyway?