PDA

View Full Version : TWIMC - Airliners.net

Kulverstukas
15th Jun 2016, 21:46
If somebody don't know yet, Airliners.net suffered from massive redesign and refurbishing and anybody who left their real names at the registration, believing that "they will be never published" now are completely open for public. Also until fixed, watermarks and photographers names are removed from photos.

People demand for site shutdown until privacy and copyright issues will be resolved, but management keeps feeding them with "we are aware about it" bullshit.

SpringHeeledJack
16th Jun 2016, 13:04
Oooooo, not sure if i like the 'new and improved' design. Why can't things be left reasonably alone if they are working ? As to the revealing of private info and watermarks etc, that could leave the owners open to a class action lawsuit. Not clever, why oh why don't websites release the new website only when all the bugs and issues have been attended to in the safer of offline ?

SHJ

ElectroVlasic
17th Jun 2016, 20:38
Not clever, why oh why don't websites release the new website only when all the bugs and issues have been attended to in the safer of offline ?
Very much the case here. They did a 'beta test' which seemingly was just amongst the in-house staff then went live. The result was so predictable, the in house people said 'Yes our baby is so pretty' and that was good enough. They could have had less than a dozen or so 'power users' from outside put the site through the paces and that would have been a lot more useful. There is much anger/angst/venom being spewed over the new site. Personally a lot is way too vocal, but then again, it's clear the in house people did not do any real work at preparing the user base for the transition and are paying the price as it's clear visits are way down at least temporarily if not permanently.

Kulverstukas
18th Jun 2016, 13:38
http://i64.tinypic.com/161gi7m.jpg

paulc
18th Jun 2016, 16:41
Am so glad I removed my photos from that site when DM took over - management there still seem incapable of listening to its contributors.