PDA

View Full Version : PPL process at DGCA India

mahash
15th Jun 2016, 15:49
Dear all,

I am based out of New Delhi, India and am hoping to acquire my PPL.
Can someone please provide me any contacts of institutes or agencies who either help with the entire process including exam preparation etc. or otherwise with just the process and documentation formalities at DGCA etc.?

Also, how does one acquire a verification certificate from CBSE (passed out 10th in 1993)? I have heard some funny stories and wondering if the process has either improved or become easily doable?

Lastly, if someone can verify my understanding of the PPL:
1. Send application to DGCA for computer number
2. Acquire CBSE verification certificate which needs to directly goto DGCA
3. Get Medical type 2 done
4. Get computer number in the mean time?
5. Prepare for written test?
6. undertake flying lessons? What is the nearest place to Delhi?

I am a working professional and pursuing this due to a childhood passion.
Would appreciate any help in this regards.

Best and LLAP

Shekhar

skratche
17th Jun 2016, 01:31
Computer number and cbse verification are tied together. Verification is one of the supporting documents required to be submitted for comp. number.
So, better if you get the verification done first. Then apply for comp. number. Comp. number allocation takes about a month maximum. You can get your class II medical done during that time. That'll also take around a month.
Then while you're waiting for response from DGCA attend ground classes if possible to prepare for exams. Exams are conducted once every 3 months, so 4 times in a year.
It's up to you to decide whether you want to clear all your papers first or do both exams and flying simultaneously.

Note: You don't need an agency or something to get your documentation done. It's a simple process you can do it yourself by following the published guidelines.