PDA

View Full Version : Bankstown 6 Seat IFR aircraft hire

Annon11
13th Jun 2016, 23:32
Hey everyone,

After spending hours looking through different flying school websites and calling numerous schools I'm struggling to find a 6 seat IFR capable aircraft available for weekend fly aways. I have a flyaway scheduled for the end of the month and I can not find an aircraft that really suits my needs. Ideally it would be a twin, able to carry 6 pax and 2.5 hours fuel. Based on the information i have been able to gather from flying schools that seems impossible to find around YSBK. If anyone has some info or has any leads that I could chase up I would be very appreciative. Of course I would be happy to undertake test flights and "conversion" training where required to keep the operator happy.

Open to options and suggestions.

Thanks in advance

johncognito
13th Jun 2016, 23:55
Try Aviators

C206, BE55/58, PA32, PA46

Old Akro
14th Jun 2016, 00:24
This class of aircraft is very hard to hire now. They are not high enough unilisation for school operation. They used be be available from schools as private owners hiring them to get additional utilisation. But owners got sick of numpties messing up their aircraft.

If you want to do this regularly you need to:
1. Stump up and buy one
2. Stump up and buy a share in one
3. Befriend an owner, demonstrate you are competent and take care of the aircraft and make a private arrangement.

And frankly from a pilots point of view, I don't like flying IFR in casually hired aircraft. You're never quite sure what's working and what's not.

Styx75
14th Jun 2016, 02:37
There's a C310 available at yscn. Its 6 seats, and ifr. Not sure if you'd get the 5pax in it though..

truthinbeer
19th Jun 2016, 04:02
Not YBSK but there is a Cessna 340 at Cowra (CWT) for hire/lease on the Flyhire site.

haydnc
26th Jun 2016, 23:47
We have a 310 available for dry hire. Have sent a PM.

st777
28th Jun 2016, 22:01
Have you looked at the Alpha Aircraft Syndicate? It has a 6 seat Piper Saratoga and a Piper Archer, both IFR rated. I'm a current member, PM me if you'd like any further info.

www.alphaaviation.com.au

Annon11
28th Jun 2016, 23:29
Thanks for the info, I have followed up a few leads and may have found what i need. The alpha syndicate is something that keeps popping up for me and is probably something that I will look at in the future as I get a more concrete idea of where I'm heading.