PDA

View Full Version : Short Haul Multi Sector - What do you eat?

TangoAlphad
13th Jun 2016, 20:05
Evening Ladies and Gents,

New to airline flying and wanting to find a healthy as possible way to plan the day and eat rather than just snack snack snack and get fat fat fat!
Instructed for years so used to eating at odd times between flights but some of you who have been doing this a while must have a well established pattern..

Short haul 4/5 sectors a day 35 mins to 1:30 mins, quick turnarounds. Only eating time would be in the closest thing we have to a "cruise".

What do ya'll suggest for food/snacks to bring along to keep you going through long days without expanding the waistline?

TA

FLCH
13th Jun 2016, 23:24
Heard the table on the Bus holds 125 lbs....just a rumor.

SARF
13th Jun 2016, 23:26
Boiled eggs

galaxy flyer
14th Jun 2016, 00:49
Good breakfast and a good dinner works for me. This ain't a camping trip.

GF

PukinDog
14th Jun 2016, 02:06
Sector 1: Don't eat
Sector 2: 1 cup of yoghurt and 1 granola bar
Sector 3: Don't eat
Sector 4: 2 pieces of beef jerky, 1 carrot, and 1 apple or small box of raisins
Sector 5: Don't eat

There you go. You won't get fat following the above menu and every food group is represented. Also, don't forget to take your vitamins, always chew with your mouth closed, and pull your mic well away from your lips if the I/C is hot. You're welcome.

Pontius Navigator
14th Jun 2016, 10:39
GF has it, but make sure only One breakfast, too easy on east-west to have a post-flight breakfast/brunch.

Drink water not coffee; follow PGs advice too to keep blood sugar up and boredom down.

vapilot2004
14th Jun 2016, 10:50
I start with a breakfast that includes protein, fruit sugars, and complex carbohydrates. During the day, water, naturally, plenty of vegetables and fruit (easy on some veggies - they cause gas), yogurt, and a sandwich (or cold pizza) for lunch/dinner. I've been known to carry a Clif bar or three for a protein and carbohydrate snack to eat and share.

That's just me. We're all different and have different abilities to process the various nutrients, but the basic idea of a solid breakfast combined with healthy food choices during the day feeds the body and mind in a sustainable way.

Sugar, caffeine and fat are too often the choices when stressed or hurried. I see this all the time, particularly with the young among us. They are classic hazards of the environment if you let them in the door.