Kambah ACT 2902

For distinguished service to public administration through
executive roles in the infrastructure, transport and logistics
sector, and through the development of policy reform
initiatives.

djpil
13th Jun 2016, 04:51
Loris Molent AM
Aeronautical engineering, particularly structural integrity and airworthiness of ADF aircraft.

Checklist Charlie
13th Jun 2016, 07:30
These awards are often given amongst bureaucrats to themselves as a lead up to retirement. One can only hope.

Of course retirement often goes with a suitably remunerated job with a major industry player or a cushy role as a "contractor".

CC

thorn bird
13th Jun 2016, 07:57
or given his services to parasites who feed off the industry, a nice little directorship where you dont even have to turn up to board meetings to get a free farm in New Zealand.

Horatio Leafblower
13th Jun 2016, 08:20
Mr Michael Mrdak Kambah, ACT.

For distinguished service to public administration through executive roles in the infrastructure, transport and logistics sector, and through the development of policy reform initiatives.

Read more: Queen's Birthday Honours 2016: the full list (http://www.smh.com.au/national/queens-birthday-honours-2016-the-full-list-20160608-gpec51.html#ixzz4BRgkepq4)
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

Desert Flower
13th Jun 2016, 08:28
Damn - I missed out again! :(

DF.

Ex FSO GRIFFO
13th Jun 2016, 09:54
RE " of policy reform
initiatives.".....

W T F ...????????????????????????????????????????

No Cheers.......NOPE!! NONE AT ALL..................:eek:

And, as TAXPAYERS......'We' are paying for this.....????????

LeadSled
15th Jun 2016, 08:44
Folks,
I could not think of anyone more deserving of recognition than Bob Hall, aka Professor R.J.Hall, PhD., and now AM.
His efforts on behalf of GFA and ASAC have been tireless over many, many years.
He is the father of rational risk management in Australian industry, and AS/NZS Risk Management standards, we would all be better off in the aviation community if CASA listened, instead of regarding his input (usually on behalf of ASAC) as "just another view", much as David Forsyth's ASRR is regarded by "CASA" as just another view.
Tootle pip!!

gerry111
15th Jun 2016, 09:22
Glenn Stevens AC owns and flies a Piper Seneca.

LeadSled
15th Jun 2016, 14:39
Gerry,
I think you will find the Seneca is long gone, and a very nice Baron is the order of the day.
Tootle pip!!

Frank Arouet
16th Jun 2016, 00:28
Is that the same Peter Lloyd who has supported Angus Houston and Airservices (and, for that matter, CASA) against the interests of GA in general, and especially Sports Aviation, in matters like mandatory ADS-B (many now accept that ADS-B will become mandatory for all VFR, despite not a shred of justification).
It is admitted by Airservices/CASA that ADS-B in GA is going to cost $30.0M plus, which is unjustified by any service that will be available, the real cost will be much greater.
In all this, it seems Houston has chaired the awards committee, as well as Airservices, on the face of it, a massive conflict of interest, for Peter to have been awarded the very top gong.
It is also thought that much of this was to preserve funding for SafeSkies, and to hell with the interests of the aviation community.

Frank Arouet
16th Jun 2016, 00:36
I only see achievements toward aviation administration The law is being directed by regulation, not the rule of law via the judiciary. I would challenge anyone to list his "achievements" toward the aviation industry. Elements of regulatory authority such as "strict liability" for example, do not constitute an achievement.

The architects of the genocide of general aviation seem most rewarded.