Supermouse3
8th Jun 2016, 10:14
https://www.casa.gov.au/standard-page/licensing-regulations-latest-news

Capt Fathom
8th Jun 2016, 11:57
Is there a question here? A statement?

De_flieger
8th Jun 2016, 12:25
So it looks like if you did one or more of your ATPL or CPL subjects prior to the 1st September 2014, and have completed all of them by now or prior to the 1st September 2017, you have done the theory exams within the allowed time period.

Instead of the rolling two year period, there's a grandfathered exemption for anyone who started before the 1st September 2014 taking it out to three years, and it is actually a more reasonable rolling 3 years as opposed to the three years absolute limit before all subjects no matter how recently done expire, as it was prior to the Part 61 introduction. A reasonable change that should have been in the regulations from the start, and would have saved me countless hours and quite a few $$ if it had been, but at least its in there now.

Supermouse3
8th Jun 2016, 12:39
not a question, just for anyone who hasn't heard already,
an exemption to the 2 year rolling window for people who did an exam before September 2014 get 3 years to complete the rest of the exams.

Stardoggas
21st Jun 2016, 08:00
Greatest news I've had all day. Just finished flight planning today and thought I had to redo the human factors exam from May 2014 and ASL wouldn't let me book one in. After some investigation this post has brought me so much joy.
It's done, it's over.