PDA

View Full Version : Griffith Uni Program

Flyboat North
8th Jun 2016, 08:42
How are they all travelling these days ?

Do they have another flying school ?

For those looking for a bit of nostalgia

No Cookies | The Courier Mail (http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/women-look-to-the-skies/story-e6freoof-1111115762940)

You have to love the comment from the young female student

"Instead, I have settled for the university's aviation degree which will take three years, after which I hope to become a second officer on Qantas international flights."

Were they not told they would need to work in GA/regional post graduation for at least 5 years to lodge a competitive application to join QF ? More like 8 plus years

I wonder how many of the 110 starters actually graduated from degree & also completed CPL/IR

Going Nowhere
8th Jun 2016, 11:31
One of the girls in the pic is an FO at QLink.

pilotchute
8th Jun 2016, 22:26
Another one in the pic did Cathay testing a few years ago.

Stretch06
8th Jun 2016, 22:27
Most students moved to BASAIR from what I have heard.

GU has a new tender request for a sole training provider for 2017 onwards.

I know that five of the girls in that article are currently employed and flying, ranging from GA through to airlines and even the ADF. As for the 110 that FBN questioned, I believe approx 50 completed the degree and CPL/IR and 30 odd are still working as pilots in all corners of the globe.

bafanguy
8th Jun 2016, 22:35
The article is dated early 2008. Is this still the case ?: "...meet the demands of Australian airlines that are struggling to recruit pilots."

I don't get that impression from what I read but, of course, I could certainly be wrong.

slice
10th Jun 2016, 03:57
He's baaaaaack!

Arewegettingjets
10th Jun 2016, 07:51
Fly Boat,

List your credentials.

Flyboat North
10th Jun 2016, 09:02
Oh my goodness an order to produce evidence from an anonymous BB poster

Are you some kind of authority figure at a powerful institution or are you perhaps just another d#ckhead ?

Arewegettingjets
10th Jun 2016, 10:03
So negative on the credentials? Just a massive chip on the shoulder.

propsmear
11th Jun 2016, 01:06
Went to university with some of these girls and they were all very nice, hard working and determined individuals. To the best of my knowledge most of them have gone on to be pilots either in the RAAF, at Qlink, Airnorth and Cathay Pacific.

I am interested in what your interest, or lack thereof, with the degree program is Flyboat. You seem to ask the same questions all the time.

airwolf117
12th Jun 2016, 18:21
I know most of those girls (studied with them).

This photo was taken 1st year of their uni, as I know a few dropped out (and lead to very successful medical and other fields of study I might add!). So of the 110 in that year's, 30 dropped out within the 1st year. We added up around 40 - 50 make it to AAA, and about 30 to Graduate with MECIR / Instructor Rating as of around 2014. Sure a few more plugged along and got it, but not in touch with them

Of the girls in the photo, 2 Became Instructors, , one Qlink and one Air North. Others might have followed other avenues, but not to my knowledge.

And for the record Fly Boat, Nicole Forrester just graduated weeks ago as an Air Force Pilot.

iPahlot
12th Jun 2016, 20:47
If memory serves me correctly one person doing some aviation uni degree wrote some paper where the carrier was called "FlyBoat North"... What was their name again? I forget... :E:E