PDA

View Full Version : Conversion of EASA ATPL(H) Theory Frozen to FAA CPL(H)

m.pulz
7th Jun 2016, 08:14
Hi everyone,

I have already found several threads about conversion of an EASA License to an FAA LICENSE, but I have a different Problem:

First to my Situation: I have a CPL(H) with B206 and Hughes 300 and about 500 Hours.

Additionally I have the EASA ATPL Theory Credit including the IFR Theory. (Can't afford the complete EASA IFR License here in Europe!) In addition, FI(H) on Hughes 300(currently still restricted)

In our FlightSchool (www.aerial.at (http://www.aerial.at/))we have a very persistent rumour:

As a FAA PPL(H) is a piggyback license when you hold an EASA CPL it behaves the same from EASA CPL with ATPL Theory Credit to FAA CPL.

Can this be true? Does anybody know that?

I already found this website http://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificates/airmen_certification/foreign_license_verification/ but it does not really answer my question.

Thank you very much for your replies!

ersa
7th Jun 2016, 10:59
You will get granted a FAA PPL H ( free by the FAA) on the back of your EASA CPL license , you will need to sit the FAA CPL theory and then flight training before sitting the CPL flight test.

You do not have an ATPL licence you have a CPL licence , the theory is irrelevant until gaining the experience to sit the EASA ATPL skills test.

m.pulz
7th Jun 2016, 11:33
Thank you very much for your reply.

I know that I just have a CPL licence and ADDITIONALLY the ATPL-IR Theory Credit. As I just wrote.

But based on your answer I'm wondering: would it change something if I have the complete EASA ATPL(H) licence? Or do you have to do the FAA CPL theory, flight training and the flight test anyway?

ersa
9th Jun 2016, 00:16
With your hours no .

m.pulz
9th Jun 2016, 06:21
With my hours it is not possible to get an EASA APTL(H) either. So what I wanted to know is if I fullfill the requirements for the EASA ATPL(H) (stated below!), is it necessary to sit the FAA CPL Theory, flight Training and flight test to receive the FAA CPL or is it easier then?

You need to have completed a minimum of 1000 hours of flight time as a pilot of helicopters, including at least:

350 hours in multi-pilot helicopters
One of the following:

250 hours as PIC, or
100 hours as PIC and 150 hours as PIC under supervision, or
250 hours as PIC under supervision in multi-pilot helicopters - in this case, the ATPL (H) privileges will be limited to multi-pilot operations only, until 100 hours as PIC have been completed

200 hours of cross-country flight time of which at least 100 hours should be as PIC or as PIC under supervision
30 hours of instrument time of which not more than 10 hours may be instrument ground time
100 hours of night flight as PIC or as co-pilot

ersa
9th Jun 2016, 08:11
There are NO shortcuts , to the FAA CPL H. Do not listen to anyone who says there is .

m.pulz
9th Jun 2016, 08:25
Thank you very much for your Feedback! I will forward this Information!