PDA

View Full Version : FAA Offers Rebates for New ADS-B Equipment

truthinbeer
7th Jun 2016, 01:26
Not much but more than CASA is offering - https://www.faa.gov/news/fact_sheets/news_story.cfm?newsId=20434

thorn bird
7th Jun 2016, 07:08
Its called "Foster and promote" old boy, completely outside our numpies remit

Supermouse3
7th Jun 2016, 07:41
correct me if i am wrong, but surely the least affected aircraft type would infact be, single engine, piston aircraft...

IFR, multi piston as far as i can see would be the most affected...
surely the majority of the IFR aircraft are twins?

duncan_g
7th Jun 2016, 11:08
correct me if i am wrong, but surely the least affected aircraft type would infact be, single engine, piston aircraft...

IFR, multi piston as far as i can see would be the most affected...
surely the majority of the IFR aircraft are twins?

US mandate covers VFR as well, whereas only IFR in Oz.

tail wheel
7th Jun 2016, 11:59
Don't complain Supermouse3 - that is Aus$695 (at today's exchange rate) more than any subsidy the owner of an Australian registered aircraft is ever likely to receive. :=

Dick Smith
7th Jun 2016, 17:57
Yes. VFR as well but not below 10,000' in E and G airspace if over 30 nm from class B.

That means a huge number of GA aircraft will not require ADSB in the USA even after 2021.

In Aus every IFR aircraft will require ADSB from Feb next year unless Nick Xenophon has his way.

MarkerInbound
7th Jun 2016, 18:40
Actually, thirty miles from class B or C airspace. Adds about 120 airports but who knows how many smaller airports are in those perimeters.

LeadSled
8th Jun 2016, 04:10
Markerinbound,

Would you like to post a reference to "30 miles around Class C", please.

The "rule of thumb" is that, wherever a Mode C transponder is required now, ADS-B OUT will be required.

Re. 30 miles and Class B, waivers are routinely available, including permanent waivers for the present Mode C within 30 miles from "the" airfield giving rise the the Class B airspace, it is expected that the same waiver will be available for the ADS-B requirement.

Tootle pip!!

PS: The "30m" is a radius from an airport, not from a Class B/C airspace boundary.