PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Groundschool??

beam me up
4th Mar 2001, 21:55
About to start ATPL distance learning groundschool. A friend suggested Bristol Ground School. Any reccommendations or alternatives??
PS:tight budget applies

TooHotToFly
4th Mar 2001, 22:15
Bristol are generally regarded as being the best although I don't think you can go wrong with any of the ground school places.

EggBeta
4th Mar 2001, 22:38
Beam me up,
Hope you have lots of time, I got through about 50% of the OATS and decided the best option was jack my job in and go full time!
Most of the work load isn't that difficult, its just that there is a lot of it.
Good luck

JB007
4th Mar 2001, 23:43
www.atatraining.co.uk (http://www.atatraining.co.uk)

Pete Lines best in the business...and most of his weekend refresher courses are full of PPSC/Bristol students..

------------------
Hear All...See All...Say Now't.

[email protected]
(I'm away for a while!)

Tarmach
5th Mar 2001, 01:28
Just looked at ata training's web site. Do they offer distance learning. I see no mention of it?

Delta Wun-Wun
5th Mar 2001, 04:51
If you can study full time.I am not in a position where I can,so I have no alternative but Distance Learning,so once I get my class 1 sorted next week,I will be doing Bristols Distance Learning.

------------------
GET THE BLOODY NOSE DOWN!

Princess PP
5th Mar 2001, 15:37
That's a coincidence, I had my Class 1 just over a week ago. If I pass it, I intend to do Bristol's Distance Learning too.

I must admit that their literature impressed me the most out of the various schools I checked-out.

geardown3greens
5th Mar 2001, 15:52
It Makes a change to find a question worth reading, instead of all those stupid questions about watches and tattoos! If you really can't afford full time ground school, compare OATS with Bristol. Make sure they offer brush up courses that finish just before the exam dates. Ask their marketing depts about success rates etc. and compare the length of the courses. You wont have much time to spare for any re-takes before the 18 month deadline approaches. If you can, get to ATA in Cov and do the full time course.

[This message has been edited by geardown3greens (edited 05 March 2001).]

smallfish
5th Mar 2001, 16:31
I studied full time at London Guildhall last year, I recommend them highly (got me through all 14 first time). I have my doubts about distance learning courses for JAR ATPL. There seemed to be too much work for a part time course and a lot of benefit comes from having an experienced lecturer teaching and answering questions on the spot. I haven't met anyone whos completed the JAR exams following a distance learning course (though I'm sure there must be someone somewhere). I took seven months off work to get the course done and it turned out to be a sound decision. And I made some good friends in the process!

JB007
5th Mar 2001, 22:56
ATA don't unfortunatly offer distance learning...if you can afford the full time course..do it!

------------------
Hear All...See All...Say Now't.

[email protected]
(I'm away for a while!)

Dizzy
6th Mar 2001, 03:18
Smallfish,

Please get in touch via e-mail.
I am seriously looking at London Guildall and would like info!

Any hints would be appreciated!

"I am going to enjoy this!"

smallfish
6th Mar 2001, 18:19
Dizzy, should be an e-mail on its way. Put in another post if you don't hear anything.

a.mused
6th Mar 2001, 23:31
Pete Humphries at ATA assures me they do run Distance Learning ATPLs and are considering a CPL course later this year. Good luck. Has anyone considered the 4-Forces CPL course (2nd career - not interested in airlines).

Valiant
7th Mar 2001, 12:28
a.mused - you're not confusing ATA with Atlantic Flight Training who are also at Coventry are you?

I finished at ATA a month or so ago and they didnt do distance learning and there was no Pete Humphries there.

UKPPL
7th Mar 2001, 15:34
a.mused

"Has anyone considered the 4-Forces CPL course (2nd career - not interested in airlines)"

Yes, I've started recently at 4 Forces doing their distance learning JAR CPL course.

Honiley
8th Mar 2001, 00:20
I did ATA a few years back...

Fan "bloody" tastic !!!!

------------------
[email protected]

beam me up
10th Mar 2001, 22:26
Thanks for all your replies guys. They have all been of great help. I'll be giving my money to Bristol Ground School

ET
11th Mar 2001, 01:01
Right choice. Sir Alex and team are the only way to go!