PDA

View Full Version : EASA CPL Conversions Helicopter to Aircraft

tiagoaguilarserra
4th Jun 2016, 10:42
Hi guys,

I have been looking for documentation that could tell me how to convert my CPLH to CPLA, i contacted a school that told me i have to do the entire CPLA course and that i dont get any credits from my previous license (CPLH), i only have 200 Hours and im "IR", i triend to contact the responsible authority of my country and guess... still waiting, does anybody knows how i can do this, do i get any credits or not.

Thanks for the help and for your time.

rudestuff
4th Jun 2016, 12:15
EASA CPL(H) to EASA CPL(H)

1: You'll need to get a PPL(A) first I think you get about 6 hours credited, so about 39 hours.

2: You'll need to do the full CPL(A) + Night course, but you can credit 100 hours of helicopter time, so you effectively need 100 hours FW before you can take the CPL(A) test.

There are always other options: You can get an FAA PPL(A) in 30 hours (or 19 depending on who you ask.) You could technically go straight to FAA CPL(A) - (you'd need endorsements for 50 hours solo) - then its a reduced 18 hour EASA conversion, no night rating needed. Ultimately, you need 100 hours in a Plane.

paco
4th Jun 2016, 13:44
You will also need to do 5 theoretical knowledge exams as an approved bridging course - these would be performance, POF, operations, AGK & instrumentsl

tiagoaguilarserra
4th Jun 2016, 20:05
Thanks for your help, i will see this FAA option, more work but will be worth it.

Again thanks.

helicrazi
9th Jun 2016, 12:13
Funny enough, I've been considering the same recently, from my calculations, to achieve PPL, hour build, CPL, ME, IR it's £20k ish in UK.

I've contacted several schools to enquire, and had a reply from 1. Are flying schools really doing that well that they can disregard an enquiry from a potential student willing to spend these sums of money?

I am astonished!