PDA

View Full Version : Co-pilot license

4th Jun 2016, 01:51
I can't get a PPL in Australia due to a previous seizure (I refuse to go off meds even though I have been advised to - if I did I guess I could eventually get a PPL). Is there some sort of co-pilot license in Australia where you can do everything (VFR only to start with) including a "solo" flight with an instructor or full licensee in the other seat?
I'm not after medical advice specific to me, just info on whether this sort of restricted license exists.

ersa
4th Jun 2016, 11:55
Its the medical issue , if you can not hold 2 medical certicate or a recreational aviation medical practitioner’s certificate, then there is no licence you can hold

4th Jun 2016, 23:40
Its the medical issue , if you can not hold 2 medical certicate or a recreational aviation medical practitioner’s certificate, then there is no licence you can hold

Ironically I can hold a rec license due to lack of ongoing symptoms, so could fly solo and even carry a passenger; but I want to fly IFR and can't do that even with a co-pilot. I guess I can just keep doing lessons forever.