PDA

View Full Version : How to prepare Air Rescue/Ambulence Aptitude Test?

karson
3rd Jun 2016, 13:47
Anyone knows how to prepare the Hong Kong flying services (aircrew) written test?
What kinds of self-study material covers matrix test, maths, mechanical and aviation knowledge, first aid ..etc? Thank you.

campbeex
3rd Jun 2016, 15:27
Learn how to spell "ambulance" perhaps? ;)

Wander00
3rd Jun 2016, 15:32
How cruel, but true!

NutLoose
3rd Jun 2016, 15:48
One does often wonder if the person in these situations and locations do not possibly have English as their first language, so one does not comment on such things.
One also wonders how fluent those that do comment are in Chinese?

Sorry I cannot help you Karson.

Courtney Mil
3rd Jun 2016, 16:06
Larson, you may be lucky and find someone here that has gone from Mil to civvy choppers in Hong Kong, but it might be worth casting your net a bit wider and put the same post on Rotorheads here on PPRuNe. Find it in the top menu or at Rotorheads - PPRuNe Forums (http://www.pprune.org/rotorheads-23/)

Good luck.

sycamore
3rd Jun 2016, 16:11
A little `googling` on the gfs.hk website should help....

salad-dodger
3rd Jun 2016, 21:07
I always wonder about the pretentious dickheads who refer to themselves as "one" rather than just saying I.

I can't help either, but I'm sure someone who can will be along soon.

Good luck.

S-D

Courtney Mil
3rd Jun 2016, 22:00
I always wonder about the pretentious dickheads who refer to themselves as "one" rather than just saying I.

Was that really necessary?

NutLoose
3rd Jun 2016, 22:29
No, but one expects nothing less from him.

salad-dodger
4th Jun 2016, 08:51
Was that really necessary?
On first reflection, probably not, but then I saw the next post..........

S-D

Pontius Navigator
4th Jun 2016, 12:52
And on English, I met a Singaporean, about 25 years old, who had only learnt English in the last two years. His speech was idiomatically perfect and accentless and his writing to the same standard.

Karson, you might look in the OASC sticky at the top, possibly the RAAF one and then the UK Student Room. I believe they all refer to different revision aids.

On self-help, do you have any voluntary first aider courses that you could join? On maths brush up on time, speed, distance calculations. You can concentrate on helicopter speeds and probable distances for your local area. Simple 60 kts equals mile a minute, Distance covered in six minutes is one tenth of groundspeed. 90 kts = 9 miles = 6 minutes etc. Perhaps study local topography so you would be familiar with the area.

karson
4th Jun 2016, 13:42
Thanks a million.

Wander00
4th Jun 2016, 15:34
I accept the point on the OP's "first language": if I have caused offence I apologise. However, if the post requires a certain standard of English as well then there is no harm in suggesting it is written correctly, whatever that means these days.

karson
4th Jun 2016, 15:59
And on English, I met a Singaporean, about 25 years old, who had only learnt English in the last two years. His speech was idiomatically perfect and accentless and his writing to the same standard.

Karson, you might look in the OASC sticky at the top, possibly the RAAF one and then the UK Student Room. I believe they all refer to different revision aids.

On self-help, do you have any voluntary first aider courses that you could join? On maths brush up on time, speed, distance calculations. You can concentrate on helicopter speeds and probable distances for your local area. Simple 60 kts equals mile a minute, Distance covered in six minutes is one tenth of groundspeed. 90 kts = 9 miles = 6 minutes etc. Perhaps study local topography so you would be familiar with the area.
Thanks for your kind help.