PDA

View Full Version : LAME'S on Q

upsidefront
2nd Jun 2016, 08:27
Here we go again.........
A vote for this EA is a vote for industrial peace for four years,it was said.
Q doesn't want industrial unrest,they want peace.
Well,well,well..........
A year and a half in and we have this gem: "I intend to exercise my Right of Entry to inspect documents"
Some peace we have.
Where is it heading?
Some pain on the horizon that's a sure thing.
Anyone want to hazard a guess at the endgame?
I'm all ears.

600ft-lb
3rd Jun 2016, 02:00
It's always been a temporary peace. As the boss says, 46.5 LAME's are still to be chopped. That's the end game.

griffin one
3rd Jun 2016, 08:03
Make that 68 LAMEs once 737 reconfig finished.
All 737 A checks sent to Perth to make it look like numbers correct in Sydney.
The chess board is Virtual and Pawns optional

plasticmerc
3rd Jun 2016, 11:31
I have been following the fate of qantas engineering for some time why do you guys put up with it?
There is work out there especially for 737 B1 and B2, even Cat A guys.
More than likely more pay as well.
I'm not trying to anger anyone just my honest opinion.

Engineer_aus
8th Jun 2016, 12:22
Get out while you can. The grass is greener.

plasticmerc
9th Jun 2016, 07:56
engineer Aus too true

plasticmerc
10th Jun 2016, 05:34
I have a questions to all QF and VA engineering teams.
How many AME'S have a B1 or B2 lic and are waiting in hope of a Lic position?
How many staff are on part time or temporary positions/contracts?
Why and what are you waiting for?
The world is a big place with many opportunities.
When is it time to start looking for them?
Or is it that you will not leave your own comfort zone?
Think about this seriously.
PM me if you don't wish to put anything here.

FrogNtoad
12th Jun 2016, 01:52
WHERE !!! does one look??? A lot of guys know about the grass being greener BUT no idea where to look

Engineer_aus
14th Jun 2016, 06:11
A simple seek search for aircraft and pay between 80-200k
SEEK - Australia's no. 1 jobs, employment, career and recruitment site (http://www.seek.com.au/jobs/in-australia/#dateRange=999&workType=0&industry=&occupation=&graduateSearch=false&salaryFrom=80000&salaryTo=999999&salaryType=annual&companyID=&advertiserID=&advertiserGroup=&keywords=aircraft&page=1&displaySuburb=&seoSuburb=&where=&whereId=&whereIsDirty=false&isAreaUnspecified=false&location=&area=&nation=3000&sortMode=KeywordRelevance&searchFrom=filters&searchType=)

Pterois Volitans
15th Jun 2016, 04:29
The grass might be greener somewhere else, but there is certainly no current jobs in the Australia for B1/B2 or even Cat A's. As to the number of AME's with the correct qualification to become LAMEs at QF I would estimate about 5 to 10 in Sydney. So unless a large number of the "older" employees take the package, I do not see any AME to LAME upgrades in the near future.

upsidefront
20th Jun 2016, 08:54
Just read the comments to the survey.
Get real people.
We agreed to leave burn without having the figures.
We signed a blank cheque.
The few that queried this were belittled and shouted down.
We got what we asked for, whether we like it or not.
We were dumb enough to trust the company, fat load of good that's brought us.
Well done LAME's, we loose again!

griffin one
22nd Jun 2016, 00:33
Just read the comments to the survey.
Get real people.
We agreed to leave burn without having the figures.
We signed a blank cheque.
The few that queried this were belittled and shouted down.
We got what we asked for, whether we like it or not.
We were dumb enough to trust the company, fat load of good that's brought us.
Well done LAME's, we loose again!
What exactly have we lost.
As you point out we agreed to leave burn in the EA with a 87% Majority vote.
This was to keep 46 employees jobs.
The only problem is that only Syd and Mel are wearing all the leave burn talk about dividing the countries Lames

Slim Dog
22nd Jun 2016, 03:38
As one of the LAMEs that was booted out the door just under 2 years ago, I truly am grateful for the opportunity to have kept my employment (so thank you to the majority who ensured that happened). To those that never experienced such stress in those times, look on the bright side and enjoy your time off. You never know, the ALAEA might indeed have a case to either have the company fined, the possibility of getting your long service leave back without proper consultation (that might be a long shot) but also the chance to prove once and for all the company were way understaffed in Sydney and other line stations.
Again, to the chosen boys who whinge and complain about having to take some time off, stop and pause a moment and reflect on the fact that you were always above the line looking down upon us with eyes of 'thank god it wasn't me'. If the tables were turned, I would have no hesitation in giving up some of my long service leave and dollars to ensure the employability of my lesser brothers.

upsidefront
22nd Jun 2016, 08:14
OK fellow PPRUNERS, let's see:
158 responses published by the ALAEA,
12 responses of outright criticism of leave burn, 7,5% a little less than the no voters,
A further few responses that mentions leave burn in less than favourable terms,
Many responses about OT, including one hero that reckons he's worked more OT now than the rest of his live,
One respondent that queries the wage freeze and the subsequent record profit.

The list goes on.

I know we are not in ANY form of protected industrial action, from our side. 🤔
Let me ask you this, if no one came in on OT to cover for the ones on forced leave, how long would leave burn last? Remember OT is still on a voluntary basis. Try and spend time with your loved ones, who knows you might like it.

What have we lost? Nothing directly.

What have we gained by signing a blank check? 46 staff saved.
I put it to you that SP himself said we can save every job without leave burn. I went to more than one feedback meeting in the run up to the EA vote, and he mentioned it every time someone asked if there we other avenues to save jobs.

Ps. SP mentioned that he had more than 100 letters from members that objected to leave burn. Go figure.

griffin one
22nd Jun 2016, 17:42
Regarding the Survey result what would the result be if all Q lames Australia wide participated in leave burn.
Survey monkey is nothing more then a monkey and if you think your identity is secure youre kidding The company and ALAEA know exactly who responds.