PDA

View Full Version : Change.org petition

Horatio Leafblower
1st Jun 2016, 23:16
...because we need to ramp up the pressure and get this front and center.

....go HERE (https://www.change.org/p/the-parliament-of-australia-save-australia-s-general-aviation-from-bureaucratic-disaster?recruiter=127661835&utm_source=petitions_share&utm_medium=copylink)

Not my petition btw... I am just pushing it.

I acknowledge "clicktivism" doesn't achieve much...

Bankstown Boy
1st Jun 2016, 23:27
Thanks HL, nicely written - done

bw2004
1st Jun 2016, 23:29
Agree with the sentiment entirely and happy to support it.

However, I feel we need an ongoing campaign. A few weeks peri election isn't going to result in a sustained improvement for GA.

My thoughts are the creation (or rejuvenation of ?) a lobby group to put pressure on government over a period of years.

We need to present our view consistently and professionally to balance that of the regulator and ensure we have a voice...

Biggles78
3rd Jun 2016, 11:43
At time of this post only 907 signatures. More, a LOT more signatures are needed. Hell, the NBN got 250,000 and GA is as important but I may be biased about that.

advo-cate
5th Jun 2016, 08:14
It is important to keep sending messages from all-of-us-in-aviation and show a united front.

Reading on the Tamworth rally, was the instigator of the petition. (http://vocasupport.com/sign-the-petition-on-change-org/)

Please sign :D

peterc005
5th Jun 2016, 13:27
The idea itself has virtue, although the petition itself is poorly worded, unclear and rambles. Could have been executed much better.

pilotchute
5th Jun 2016, 21:10
The idea itself has virtue, although the petition itself is poorly worded, unclear and rambles. Could have been executed much better.

Well Peter why don't you step up and offer to improve it?

Petitions are started by people, not lawyers. I don't think a petitions wording has to be a watertight legal argument.

It was written in a way that everyone can understand, not just people with an aviation background.

Good on the person for having a go and Peter, what have you done to improve aviation lately?