PDA

View Full Version : Dispensation for JAR ATPL

beam me up
4th Mar 2001, 21:44
Does anyone know if the CAA will give any credit for an IMC rating towards the JAR multi IR? Secondly does anyone know of FTOs that allow the use of a students' own aircraft to complete all the single engine training during the CPL & IR modules?

TooHotToFly
4th Mar 2001, 22:08
You only get a 12 hour dispensation off an approved IR course if you are adding the rating to a CAA licence (making the multi IR a 43 hour course). If you are adding it to a JAR licence you get absoultely nothing off the course.

You should have no problem using your own aircraft for the CPL and IR. The aircraft will need to get a one-off dispensation from the CAA if you wish to use if for the test, and I think ideally it should be approved if you wish to carry out training in it, although this may not be legally required. You just need to find a school that is happy to train you in your own aircraft. You're probably more likely to find this from a smaller FTO - I can give you the name of a couple from the North of England if that's where you want to do it.

beam me up
4th Mar 2001, 22:24
Too Hot to Fly,
That would be great. However, Scotland would be more convenient.

TooHotToFly
5th Mar 2001, 02:35
Check your e-mail.