PDA

View Full Version : Cityjet cadetship with CAE Oxford

ShamrockF
1st Jun 2016, 15:59
I see CAE Oxford have advertised a cadetship with CityJet.

Is it true that CityJet act as a bit of a feeder for Air France pilots?

Apart from the guaranteed job at the end, is there any major benefit to going with the cadetship rather than just go through their ATPL training and applying to airlines after?

MattC123
1st Jun 2016, 20:56
Seems like an exciting opportunity.

Another benefit of the cadetship that I picked up on earlier today is the fact that accommodation is included (in both Oxford and Phoenix) for a total of 107,000 euro (£83,000 as of this afternoon) - according to the CityJet "FINANCE & FEATURES - SUMMARY" section.

This differs to the untagged integrated ATPL course. According to page 5 of the "BBVA Bank Loan Scheme" PDF document, the course plus accommodation in Oxford is a grand total of £95,500 and without Oxford accommodation the untagged course £87,500.

Wingman773
15th Jun 2016, 13:09
Anyone get invited to the assessment day?

Also would anyone happen to know further about what life after training would be like? i.e. is this thing worth pursuing

Wrist Watch
15th Jun 2016, 17:27
Is it true that CityJet act as a bit of a feeder for Air France pilots?
Air France feeds (in theory) from its subsidiaries HOP! and Transavia, and from the national civil aviation academy via their integrated cadet programme.
CityJet is not part of Air France. It was until 2014; now the two are partners.
Furthermore, the current state of affairs in AF (not favourable to flight crew) and the unspoken requirement of being a French national speaking perfect French should make you think again (if your goal is reaching AF via CJ).

MarkSRFC
15th Jun 2016, 19:06
http://www.pprune.org/interviews-jobs-sponsorship/579750-cityjet-cadet-programme.html