View Full Version : Joining Srilankan Airlines.

Ghfhfdd11
28th May 2016, 11:50
I'm a Sri Lankan citizen studying engineering in a good engineering school. However, I have decided that I wanna become a pilot instead.

I have contacted some aviation schools like AAC and openskies and I'm fairly aware of the piloting program i.e going from PPL working your way up to ATPL (frozen).

What I don't understand is, what comes next? Am I eligible to apply for Srilankan airlines with just an ATPL license(195hrs) Or am I missing a few steps here?

I've heard that they recruit "cadet pilots" every couple of years. Not sure what the term means. Out of all the ATPL holders applying for the intake, how many would be selected as cadet pilots? And finally, how many of the selected ones actually wind up getting the job as junior FO's?

I'd really appreciate it if you take a minute to help out in any way you can. Thanks alot!

Sthan
28th May 2016, 20:26
I've seen lot's of Sri Lankan guys in US on flight schools, and Sri Lankan doesn't have such a big fleet, so not sure you'll get a job as a pilot, except if you have someone inside.
(My advise is finish your Engineering courses) Then you can get pilot courses even at 40.)

Ghfhfdd11
28th May 2016, 20:37
That's sad to hear. Is there any pilots who got in without anyone inside or any political affiliations? Thank you.

Ghfhfdd11
29th May 2016, 19:22
Bump.Come on guys help a brother out..

Nmn152
31st May 2016, 04:06
So once you complete upto your CPL and you have your Frozen ATPLS you can apply for the Cadet pilot program. But it is a bit of a challenge to get in as mentioned before they have a small fleet and there's much competition for a few slots.