PDA

View Full Version : Further to my earlier re new PC

Wodrick
27th May 2016, 21:57
OK shiny computer persuaded to run with replacement RAM.
A couple of simple things please. Fresh W10 install not an upgrade.
Is it Malwarebytes, CCleaner or Spybot that is turning Windows defender off do you think?
BBC news page, business, market data shows a blank screen, the rest seems to work, I know it is data from a non BBC source but what does the team think I am missing, I have Java and Flash loaded.
There may be more, why is W10 so hard to set up with things like Bookmarks and contacts. Why no easy file transfer ?

Loose rivets
27th May 2016, 22:41
Bookmarks? On something in W10 or on Firefox?

Wodrick
28th May 2016, 06:31
Sorry, Firefox, and I have achieved it now. I thought transfer of contacts for Senior Management from "Live Mail" to the new "Mail" was particularly circuitous.
BBC question remains.

Loose rivets
28th May 2016, 21:15
I haven't had much success with syncing and use a stick to bring Bookmarks over. I have not found a way yet to cause the HTML file to create a new Bookmarks toolbar from scratch - in this case a new OS.

For ease of transfer I drag the newly introduced bookmarks folder up onto the new Toolbar and then drag each one left or right - finally deleting the introduced Bookmarks folder from the Toolbar.

It's obviously better to sync when everything is settled, but in this era of W7 - W10 upsets, I've done a lot of fresh installs.

Biggles78
28th May 2016, 21:29
Is it Malwarebytes, CCleaner or Spybot that is turning Windows defender off do you think?
Unfortunately it is Spybot.