PDA

View Full Version : Air NZ(or sub's) hire the expats?

anapurna
27th May 2016, 12:39
guys, Do Air NZ or their sub's accept expats?

actually I'm Asian airline captain with 737 rating and ATPL.
I currently don't have NZ passport.

Is there any possibilty that I can get a job in NZ?
or do I have to get NZ passport first?

Good day guys!!

tail wheel
27th May 2016, 23:55
And, I would think, when you get the basic qualifications, join the end of a very long queue for a right hand seat job.

Aeolus2000BC
28th May 2016, 19:25
AND - when or IF you have obtained the BASIC qualifications - be told (by an airline examiner) that your original licence eg. EASA, is worthless, AND you need to be re-trained ie. 'do a Part61 Basic Inst Rating'. Your 5/10/15000 hrs flying all over the world in different environments and working with multi-lingual crew of various religions and customs that all have to be accommadated in the working environment - you know the CRM thingy - is totally irrelevant to flying in NZ !!!!!

ONE last point - the NZ Inst Rating is only for an NDB and a VOR. SPECIAL training is required for an ILS. GPS approaches are a separate issue again. Each GPS model/make has to be examined separately !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even the French/Russians/Arabs/Yanks are NOT as (words fail to describe some 'Gods' in NZ aviation)......

More tea Vicar ?

DeltaT
28th May 2016, 21:33
Aeolus2000BC, the aviation air here in NZ is very special, didn't you know?
Aircraft behave totally differently to the rest of the world, and the weather, well we are the only place in the world with clouds and rain and wind.
We are so good at flying in fact, that we have worse crash statistics than Auz or USA or UK. It is our high standards of course, and anyone else who tries to correct us just has to be wrong.

Cloud Cutter
29th May 2016, 02:40
ONE last point - the NZ Inst Rating is only for an NDB and a VOR. SPECIAL training is required for an ILS.

Ah, no - but don't let the truth get in the way of a good rant. You can do an instrument rating in NZ with a number of different approach aids endorsed - ADF and VOR are the minimum, but you may or may not include ILS/GNSS at the initial issue stage, or add them later.

In any case, it's up to the regulator in each country to set out these sort of particulars and it seems a bit childish to go on a rampage because something is done differently to the way you would have it. The NZ system has its pros and cons like any other.