PDA

View Full Version : Standsted to Aberdeen

jason_beall
28th Jun 2002, 07:39
Anybody ever think someone will do a Standsted to Aberdeen route?

-jason

Plane Speaker
28th Jun 2002, 08:05
No. EZY do LTN to ABZ and BA do ABZ to LHR. Aberdeen seems well served for the Southerners.

U R NumberOne
28th Jun 2002, 12:21
I reckon there's a reasonable chance someone might have another go at the route, although it was the end of 1999 that KLM uk pulled off it, so you do have to wonder why nothing has happened since, especially given the vastly increased number of Low Cost flights out of STN since that time.

Although EZY and BA serve the other three London airports well, the freqencies are almost identical to those of '99 and in some cases LHR and LGW flights use smaller aircraft such as the A319 and Avro RJ, compared to the B757 and B737 that were the norm back then. A couple of trips I've done to Heathrow this year were both full - with the extended bank holiday's northbound flights being full from mid-Friday PM until Saturday evening.

Whether Ryanair do it instead or as well as the rumoured Frankfurt Hahn route or the combined EZY/GO operation - who knows...but it would be a welcome return if it did happen.

canberra
29th Jun 2002, 15:55
if i remember correctly their is a ncl-abz service and a stn-ncl so you could change at ncl. but as has been said abz is served by ltn lhr and lgw.

ops gal 1
2nd Jul 2002, 17:06
There are rumours in Abz that BMI Regional will be basing an Embraer 145 in ABZ for a STN route.
Watch this space???

Departures Beckham
3rd Jul 2002, 01:37
The STN-NCL-ABZ connection was operated by Gill Airways (9C) although they stopped operating a while ago and it never seemed very popular, probably because it had a long stopover in NCL in one direction.

Departures Beckham

Piece of Cake
3rd Jul 2002, 02:00
I hope there is a BMI STN-ABZ service soon (then I can go home on my days off!)

Several operators have had not much luck out of ABZ, Scot Airways and British European didn't have any joy from LCY to ABZ.

Maybe Ryanair could start a service seeing as they now fly to ABZ from DUB.

(Note for ops gal 1 saw your post on the ops forum , I may be able to help you. Please feel free to e-mail me)

[email protected]

Big Tudor
3rd Jul 2002, 14:41
Problem is if FR get in on the route they'll probably operate Stansted to Montrose !!;)

ops gal 1
6th Jul 2002, 01:03
The ABZ-STN route was done directly by KLM uk. Who in part of thier streamlining dropped the route. It was one of the more profitable routes from ABZ so came as quite a shock.

The Gill (9C) route from ABZ -NCL - STN route was never marketed, so that would explain why that was never popular.

The rumour regarding BMI seems to be fruitless, but nevertheless they are basing another EM145 in ABZ with talks that they could be doing a code share with Eastern Airways on the Norwich route, but lets hope they opt for a STN route. Or even Eastern on a EM135?

Either way it would be good to see a popular route return.

Joe Curry
6th Jul 2002, 06:42
>>Whether Ryanair do it instead or as well as the rumoured Frankfurt Hahn route or the combined EZY/GO operation - who knows...but it would be a welcome return if it did happen<<

Go's services from Scotland appear to be in the Easyjet
melting pot at the moment.

It is impossible to book Go flights from airports North of
NCL on their webpage.

Ominous or what.?:confused: