PDA

View Full Version : Kimberley Av advertising for CP

farmer dan
25th May 2016, 09:23
G'day Ppruners,
Kimberley Av is adertising for a CP on afap, I though AG was the CP and owner. Seems strange...

bobthebowler
25th May 2016, 13:45
Kimberley Aviation has been sold and therefore requires a new CP.

IFEZ
26th May 2016, 04:23
Can't imagine they're going to be swamped with applications when all they are offering is :- $55K/yr+ 6 weeks A/L. Would need to be a fair bit more than that wouldn't it, given the responsibility and pressure to comply with all the new regs..? When one of the line pilots stuff up, its the CP copping a reaming in the office (not to mention threats of litigation) from the local FOI.

Track5milefinal
26th May 2016, 05:37
55k Christ,.. Hate to think what the poor kids flying the line are on!

Hasherucf
26th May 2016, 06:27
Can't imagine they're going to be swamped with applications when all they are offering is :- $55K/yr+ 6 weeks A/L.

I'm sure pilots will bash down the door. They would sell their own mothers for that first flying gig!

Tankengine
26th May 2016, 08:32
A Chief Pilot job is hardly a "first gig" :hmm:

Aussie Bob
26th May 2016, 09:22
$55K is pathetic. You get what you pay for I guess, although I can hardly see suitably qualified pilots rushing to fill this position.

I see a newly advertised position on AFAP, being CP of the National Parks aircraft in WA, VFR single engine is all that is required. It is offering $112 - $121K and no doubt having other perks of Government employment. If I was in the market, I know which one I would be applying for. $55K would be a good salary for a first start pilot in the Kimberlies, not the bloke in charge of them. Makes me wonder what they pay line pilots?

So, $55K and no doubt find your own way to the interview, or $115K and get flown in for the interview and, no doubt, put up in a decent hotel and offered relocation expenses should you be successful.

Two sides of the industry advertised on AFAP

PLovett
26th May 2016, 11:08
Go check the award - single engine VFR charter. I don't think you are going to find it much more than $55k if at all.

Remember, GA is the slum area of town and we have always priced our product on what we think the client will pay. As @Hasherucf said, someone will knock the door down, well in business there is always some else who will undercut you, even if it is self-destructive.

Aussie Bob
26th May 2016, 19:52
Remember, GA is the slum area of town

Sadly PL, that about sums it up. While National Parks can pay what it is worth from Government coffers, at the end of the financial year GA companies are left wondering where the turnover went.

Duck Pilot
26th May 2016, 21:54
Appears to be a bit of amalgamation going on these days, I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being the case for this operator especially considering the location.

farmer dan
28th May 2016, 10:01
What happened to the well liked AG?

Hasherucf
28th May 2016, 12:49
I am guessing AG's facebook page is a joke ;)