PDA

View Full Version : SALERNO

davidjohnson6
25th May 2016, 00:00
Salerno is a small airport a little to the south of Naples in Italy

I've seen a travel agency called TravelBefore has seemingly chartered originally German airline Avanti Air, now seemingly replaced by Medavia to run short haul fights over the summer to/from Salerno

The fact that Avanti Air have been replaced by Medavia is surprising, as is the fact that some flights at the start of the summer season have apparently been cancelled.

Does anyone know anything more about this operation ?

AirportPlanner1
25th May 2016, 05:44
I don't know anything about the operation, but I always thought Salerno might make a good route for Cityjet or BA out of LCY taking well-heeled pax down to the Amalfi coast for the weekend to avoid Naples and the motorway traffic.

There isn't much else I could see there though, the runway is too short I believe for EZY/FR etc. Probably too far from Sorrento to be a realistic alternative. Ominously none of the scheduled services that have operated ever seem to last.

Expressflight
25th May 2016, 07:35
Some months ago it was announced that Jota would be operating these flights but then it was to be Avanti Air and now Medavia.

capricorn744
25th May 2016, 14:24
Salerno airport, togheter with the nearby "New" airport of Pisticci (near Matera)..about 100kms. away, is just a "way of getting public money" for the management company and
their "friends"...politicians and "business people"...often with some connections with economy "grey areas"...they don't care about the airline public service...that's all about it