PDA

View Full Version : Atlas Air and Pilots Reach TA

Po Boy
28th Jun 2002, 06:31
Atlas Air and Pilots Reach TA
Atlas Air and crewmembers agree on labor contract

June 28,2002 -- Atlas Air Inc. and the Airline Pilots Association early today reached a tentative agreement for a first labor contract. Both parties have agreed to keep the details of the contract confidential at this time.

“We believe this contract is both good for the company, and good for crewmembers, and meets the criteria we established for the resolution of this process,” says CEO Richard Shuyler. “I am pleased with the agreement we have reached, and I am proud of the valuable contribution that our experienced, professional pilots and flight engineers make to Atlas Air.”

"I am pleased we were able to reach an agreement that will allow Atlas Air and its crewmembers to move forward," says Captain David Bourne, chairman of the Atlas Air crewmember unit of the Air Line Pilots Association International.

The contract is subject to ratification by ALPA’s membership. Ratification will take place over next several weeks.

:p

Box_Mover
28th Jun 2002, 07:43
Since it will NOT be acceptable to the membership, what will be the consequences of another NO vote from the membership??

CR2
28th Jun 2002, 09:02
PO BOY

Please add the link to your post or at least credit the author for this article. We don't need copyright problems on PPRuNe.
Don't want to delete it, but will if I have to.
Thanks, rgds

Perf Init
28th Jun 2002, 09:56
Friday June 28, 1:38 am Eastern Time
Press Release
SOURCE: Atlas Air, Inc.
Atlas Air and Crewmembers Agree On Labor Contract
WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--June 28, 2002--Atlas Air, Inc. and the Airline Pilots Association today reached tentative agreement for a first labor contract.

The parties have agreed to keep the details of the contract confidential at this time.

On May 29, 2002, the National Mediation Board released Atlas Air and its crewmembers from mediated negotiations, starting a mandated 30-day cooling off period. That period would have ended at 12:01 AM EST on June 28. Mediated negotiations resumed on June 25 and led to an agreement late on June 27.

"We believe this contract is both good for the company, and good for crewmembers, and meets the criteria we established for the resolution of this process," said Richard Shuyler, Chief Executive Officer of Atlas Air, Inc. "I am pleased with the agreement we have reached, and I am proud of the valuable contribution that our experienced, professional pilots and flight engineers make to Atlas Air."

"I am pleased we were able to reach an agreement that will allow Atlas Air and its crewmembers to move forward," said Captain David Bourne, chairman of the Atlas Air crewmember unit of the Air Line Pilots Association International.

The contract is subject to ratification by ALPA's membership. Ratification will take place over next several weeks.

Atlas Air, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:CGO - News) and is a United States certificated air carrier. Atlas Air offers its customers a complete line of freighter services, specializing in ACMI (Aircraft, Crew, Maintenance, and Insurance) contracts. Atlas Air currently employs 700 active pilots and flight engineers, both domestic and international, who operate the company's fleet of Boeing 747 aircraft.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Atlas Air, Inc.
Media Contact:
Rachel Berry, 914/701-8400
Investor Contact:
Jason Grant, 914/701-8402

CR2
28th Jun 2002, 10:02
Thanks Perf Init

Others please note. That is the way to do it.

rgds

Intruder
28th Jun 2002, 19:01
B_M:

Do you have any factual basis at all for your assumption ("it will NOT be acceptable to the membership")?

Box_Mover
28th Jun 2002, 20:10
No.

Stratosnoozer
15th Jul 2002, 12:53
As a crewmember here, I've met only a few who will vote no when ask about thier anticipated ballot decision on the TA. There are some majorly contentious issues in the TA.

However, I believe it will pass. For a first labor contract, it's not too bad when the alternatives are considered (such as the possibility of Polar flying our current registered airplanes and cargo while were on strike should a no vote occur).

Rumour is that thier union boss changed his definition of what "struck aircraft" means at the deadline of our negotiations. Hence, our guys likely had little option but to accept a less than ideal TA or lose aircraft to Polar. I truly hope that this wasn't the case, but none of their leadership will give a straight answer to the question when ask directly via e-forums. If you weren't already aware, Atlas spun-off a holding company after we organized and put us under it's umbrella, then they purchased Polar last year. Unfortunately, history seems keep to repeating itself...

United we stand, devided we fall.

DownIn3Green
15th Jul 2002, 13:25
So ALPA caved in, then?

ironbutt57
15th Jul 2002, 20:18
so alpa caved in then ....maybe they had a good think about things and so live to see another contract..:)

GlueBall
20th Jul 2002, 12:53
Hey, ...snoozer your first post, welcome to Peeprune.
On hot days in the tropics, keep some fuel in the center tank.:p

Stratosnoozer
20th Jul 2002, 21:20
Thanks for the welcome post...

I think???:rolleyes:

Angel`s Playmate
21st Jul 2002, 18:16
Gentlemen,
just for info - I know it`s a tricky theme , but

....is AACS affected as well- and , because I do not read anything about it any more - are they still operating ? if yes,

how many aircraft and what destinations.

Just for the record, thanx

Engineer
31st Jul 2002, 04:57
Atlas Air Pilots Agree New Contract (http://news.airwise.com/freight/atlas.html)

Seem that this thread will now be put to rest. Must have been discussed for over eighteen months now.