PDA

View Full Version : Asia VS USA

Taxi Tony
24th May 2016, 01:21
Hello
I am in a University program in the USA. The job offers are looking appealing at companies like Cathey Pacific. They are accepted people with a commercial and finishing their school then putting them on an Airbus. It seems like a fast way to a heavy airplane.
My question is the quick boost worth it in the long run. The regionals are hiring like crazy and starting $50,000 USD not bad and you can go over $100,000 in a couple of years. 18 months at many will make captain . Or so I am told.
I can fly low hours in a Caravan flying frieght at night and school in the day then come out next year at my choice of regionals.
The pay for pilots allows for a good middle class life and even better if you can make it to a major carrier and make captain on something big. So it should take about 3 years to make decent money.
Now for reality I am working like crazy and going to school full time. I am middle aged so I am pushing hard. All A s in school and I am in a 141 program so we can get ATP at 1000 hours.

I know the pay isn't as high to start but having the rest paid for sounds great but will it be a benefit or loss later. Seems to me hours on an Airbus would be better but I can get PIC faster here I would believe.
I don't care if I am rich I am too old to top out at a major carrier I just want to keep the bills paid and like my job.
Oh ya and I wish someone would have told me how automated the airliners are before I spent a 100k on school.
I almost cried. At least now I am getting stick and rudder time.
So in a nutshell is the fast glory worth it or should I keep to my current plan and schedule.
Thank
Tony