PDA

View Full Version : EasyJet to fly out of Dublin

Metal Mickey
27th Jun 2002, 23:25
Irish Nationals today reported that the Irish Airport Authority, Aer Rianta, are in discussion with EasyJet regarding new direct routes out of Dublin to mainland Europe and, in particular, to Spain.

Hopefully something will materialise and give the Irish Public something that it's been crying out for.

Idunno
28th Jun 2002, 01:23
Head to head with O'Leary again.

GO gets a second chance to give him a kicking. Brought big brother along this time for backup.

Should be interesting. I'll enjoy the rematch.:eek:

akerosid
28th Jun 2002, 05:28
I saw that report yesterday and all Aer Rianta actually said was that they werein negotiation with "a large airline" for flights out of Dublin. The Chairman refused to comment on speculation that it was easyjet.

However, it does ring true; it's a pretty open secret that they have been trying to attract in another lo-co; Ryanair have been very remiss in developing a market out of Dublin, so it'll be nice to see someone provide some competitive "defibrillation".

MarkD
28th Jun 2002, 09:34
Could have a bad effect on EI though... I understood they were doing well on the Spanish bucket and spade routes...

refjohn
28th Jun 2002, 10:23
Was talking to crew last night and was told with the opening of BFS crew base that it looks like Paris / Barcelona / Palma / Malaga will be added to the destinations over the next year.

A320Flyer
3rd Jul 2002, 17:15
Just for information one of the Portuguese airlines, Air Luxor will start operating to Dublin.

Safe Flying
Pedro
:)