PDA

View Full Version : Which Multi-Engine Book ?

emu
27th Jun 2002, 20:04
Hello All

Which one would you recommend for an intial Multi Class Rating?

Thanks.

IRRenewal
28th Jun 2002, 07:50
Maybe not so much as the only book to use during a course, but the book See how it Flies (http://www.monmouth.com/~jsd/how/htm/how.html) by John Denker, available online free of charge, has a very good section on multi engine flying. Well worth a read.

Cheers

Wee Weasley Welshman
28th Jun 2002, 08:05
The one by Campbell. Might be RD Campbell but I can't be sure.

GT
28th Jun 2002, 11:27
I always found Campbell a bit heavy going. There's a good Thom (although wriitten by Robson) recently out - all the usual pilot shops stock it. The King video on the subject is well worth watching too.

Best of luck, GT.

Jetgate
30th Jun 2002, 22:21
I will say that Jeppesen Multi Engine Manual is simply the best. I personally know of around 15 - 20 people who have read and then subsequently tested and passed. It's not just the passing but the fact that they know the aerodynamic affects of Vmc and all the associated Twin Engine aircraft problems without having to have a brain transplant bodes well with me. Like many other European manuals, the other European books on this subject are simply over the top & way too heavy.

This book (soft back) is a little bit more expensive than the other books but it is worth every penny because of the way it is written. I think it's available from Transair, Pilotwarehouse, .....

Remember one of the core principles of Instructing.......easy to difficult..............

Adios.

Facts Not Fiction Pls
1st Jul 2002, 01:26
If Jetgate is referring to the newly published Jepessen hard back book then I am with him. Great illustrations and knowledge - more than you need for an initial MEP rating.