PDA

View Full Version : EASA/FAA or only EASA

Piloto Maluco
12th May 2016, 22:03
Dear Aviation Geeks,

I will start my training in September from zero.

My plan was to do my training in the US, PPL/CPL/IR/ME and then come back to Europe to do ATLP exams, and convert my FAA licences to EASA.
After doing the budget I arrive at the amount of EUR 55000EUR (including food and accomadation - I know that I might add 10 per cent of this amount because we do not know what it can happen then)

I was thinking that having a "double" licence will permit to open more doors (for example the Jet planes N- based in EU or in the middle east). For info I do not hold US passport nor Green card, so working in the US is to forget for the moment.

BUT after had a desilution with the american flight school that I was planned to go, I decided to only do the PPL and hours building in US and all the rest in EU, I get the amount of 35.000 EUR (all included without the 10% of secure)

Being in short final to start my training, I have many doubts appearing in my mind.

Is there any real advantage to get a EASA/FAA licences with only ~250h TT?
because I wanted a FAA licence to approach the executive companies but as per the offers I see on the web from them, they recquire a lot of TT, and might prefer the ex military.

May someone help me out with this??

Thank you in advance dear readers.

RedBullGaveMeWings
13th May 2016, 19:40
You could work in the US if you went to a school that is authorised to accept students on a F-1 visa. There are not many schools that can do that, but Flight Safety Aviation or Hillsboro Aviation are one of those. Aerosim as well if I remember correctly.

I can't tell you if there are any advantages, I know pilots that did their training in the US and then converted to EASA and are now flying for Ryanair.

Piloto Maluco
13th May 2016, 21:12
Thank you for your prompt reply RedBullGaveMeWings,

I think that I could not be instructor in the US, due the salary because I will have to reimburse a loan in EUR but thank you for the advise!

Ryanair seems the best opportunity for low hours in Europe at the moment

RedBullGaveMeWings
14th May 2016, 10:45
I would strongly advise against taking a loan for your training. Even though the market forecasts appear to be better than the past few years, the future is still uncertain and you may be required to finance a type rating or even line training for your first job. This is why I think that you should aim to finish your training debt free.

Piloto Maluco
14th May 2016, 11:51
Got it!
So due finance issue I will be able to do only the EASA part with PPL and hours building in the US :/

Thank you very much!