PDA

View Full Version : Google Earth Close Ups

Fareastdriver
12th May 2016, 16:03
When I first had Google Earth all those years ago one could zoom in and focus on the smallest available thing. Now when I zoom in it flattens to the horizontal and wrecks the scene.

I unlocked all the tags but I cannot find any way to stop it flattening as you close up to ground level.

It must be simple. What do I do?

Saab Dastard
12th May 2016, 17:14
Tools\Options\Navigation tab > Navigation > Tick Do not automatically tilt while zooming.

SD

lomapaseo
12th May 2016, 18:39
Tools\Options\Navigation tab > Navigation > untick Do not automatically tilt while zooming.

I tried that on all my versions and computers and it doesn't work. It still flattens the view on a zoom-in and after I back out as well as street view

Fareastdriver
12th May 2016, 20:43
Saab Dastard

Worked with me. Thanks a lot. I think you meant TICK Do not automatically tilt while zooming.

Lantern10
12th May 2016, 22:27
Worked for me also. Thanks.

Capn Bloggs
13th May 2016, 03:20
When you're right in there, hold Shift down then wheel to flatten or steepen.

ExSp33db1rd
13th May 2016, 05:31
That's all very well if you can even get Google Earth.

Ever since buying this laptop a couple of years ago I've tried to instal Google Earth without success, as it's been on our desktop for ever, so I can get access when needed, but it is a puzzle - why not ?

When trying to download I get a 1603 Error. Following the Help of that I'm led to a link " to Report this" and that tries to open a Google Group URL that ends in /en.US

I then get a message that this /en.US Group does not exist.

So why try to send me to it, Google ?

I've better things to do than be a slave to Google, but it is annoying and it would help as Mrs ExS is usually occupying the desktop !

Life was easier before computers - depending upon ones' point of view of course - I'll go flying, I can still control that - at the moment.

Capn Bloggs
13th May 2016, 08:11
Download on your desktop 'puter, then transfer the exe file via UB to the lappie, then install.

Saab Dastard
13th May 2016, 17:15
I think you meant TICK Do not automatically tilt while zooming. Yes, just testing! ;)

Corrected now.

SD

FullOppositeRudder
13th May 2016, 22:55
Thank you SD - been wanting to stop that embellishment for a longs time :ok:

SpringHeeledJack
14th May 2016, 15:09
What about those of us who only seem to have 'Ruler/GPS/Enter Flight Simulator' within the Tools tab ? Btw OS X, Google Earth 7.1.5.1557

SHJ

Saab Dastard
14th May 2016, 16:05
I'm running 7.1.5.1557 as well, albeit in Win 7.

I suspect the absence of Tools > Options is an Apple OSX thing, but stand to be corrected.

Do you have Options or Settings under any of the other menu items?

SD

SpringHeeledJack
14th May 2016, 19:19
Thanks mr Saab

It was under Preferences⇾Navigation, so as you surmised an OSX thing :-)

SHJ