PDA

View Full Version : Tony windsor - backs general aviation for reform

aviationadvertiser
11th May 2016, 08:26
Independent for New England Tony Windsor has come out in strong support of both the Australian general aviation industry and Nick Xenophon in relation to the call for broad aviation reform.

Recent rallies held in Tamworth highlight the distress and frustration of the general aviation industry, which is being forced to the wall by excessive regulation and compliance costs imposed by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority.

Mr Windsor attended the Rally where Federal Minister for Transport and the Deputy Prime Minister spoke. Both men admitting they knew little about aviation, unable to provide the industry with any meaningful policy or position.

Given the Ministers had plenty of notice of the meeting, some three weeks. I am disappointed that they were unable to provide any assurances to the hard working men and women in New England and Australia generally who are facing an uncertain future.

Australia needs a strong and viable general aviation industry to support the future pilot needs of the airline industry and to keep regional Australia and remote townships connected.

It is pleasing to see unity of purpose across the general aviation sector, something that has been missing in recent years . United they win, divided the bureaucracy rules.

I will be working hard in Federal parliament to ensure that general aviation again thrives and prospers across Australia. I will not stand by and see general aviation destroyed in Australia as a result of unfair regulation.

Tony Windsor

Frank Arouet
11th May 2016, 09:17
That's something different. Imagine...

Pinky the pilot
11th May 2016, 12:02
Will someone please correct me if I'm mistaken, but is this the same person who a number of years ago took about 17 minutes of a press conference just to announce that he was going to support a minority Labor Government under Julia Gillard?:confused:

Or was it that other bloke whose name escapes me just now?

Flying Binghi
11th May 2016, 12:20
Hmmm... me-thinks something stinks of corruption about this..:hmm:

Why are wind power and carbon trading 'politicians' being pushed on this forum?

Any clown can say they 'support' aviation reform to get elected. They've already been in government. Where was their support before..:hmm:

Perhaps our Mr Smith has a 'green power' investment to look after ?

Horatio Leafblower
11th May 2016, 12:26
They've already been in government. Where was their support before..

Please tell me when Xenophon or Windsor have been in Government before?

The major parties have taken turns at ignoring GA for most of my lifetime, and yet when finally the independents see that there is an issue (Thanks Ben Morgan!) you think there's some sort of conspiracy :ugh:

...Wow. Just wow.

Flying Binghi
11th May 2016, 13:18
via Horatio Leafblower:
Please tell me when Xenophon or Windsor have been in Government before?

The major parties have taken turns at ignoring GA for most of my lifetime, and yet when finally the independents see that there is an issue (Thanks Ben Morgan!) you think there's some sort of conspiracy

...Wow. Just wow.

Hmmm... and just the post before me Pinky the Pilot made a comment about windSore supporting a minority Government.

🤔

le Pingouin
11th May 2016, 20:33
You guys really don't give a rats about GA do you Binghi and Pinky? All you care about is ideology :ugh:

Lead Balloon
11th May 2016, 21:29
The name that escapes you, Pinky, is Rob Oakeshott.

Mr Windsor's tactics in the minority government resulted in him securing lots of goodies for his electorate. Imagine that: A representative of an electorate using available leverage to get lots of goodies for his electorate.

(A disclaimer: I have no political affiliations. The intellectual dishonesty and craven self-interest would make me feel dirty.)

rutan around
11th May 2016, 21:54
Le Pingouin posted

You guys really don't give a rats about GA do you Binghi and Pinky? All you care about is ideology :ugh:http://cdn.pprune.org/images/smilies/thumbs.gifhttp://cdn.pprune.org/images/smilies/thumbs.gifhttp://cdn.pprune.org/images/smilies/thumbs.gifhttp://cdn.pprune.org/images/smilies/thumbs.gifhttp://cdn.pprune.org/images/smilies/thumbs.gifhttp://cdn.pprune.org/images/smilies/thumbs.gifhttp://cdn.pprune.org/images/smilies/thumbs.gifhttp://cdn.pprune.org/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

Flying Binghi
12th May 2016, 02:16
via le Pingouin:
You guys really don't give a rats about GA do you Binghi and Pinky? All you care about is ideology

So I see corruption and piont it out and thats "ideology"... 🤔

Horatio Leafblower
12th May 2016, 03:10
nah mate... your ideology makes you IMAGINE corruption where there is none. :ugh:

Ovation
12th May 2016, 03:24
Tony Windsor's craven self interest is the prime reason Australia had the minority Gillard government - the second best parliament in history - he gave us Gillard to spite the LNP.

Yes, we got second best for 3 years because of Windsor and his blithering idiot mate. The carbon tax, school halls, even more rampant corruption amongst the unions, abolition of the building watchdog, the attempt to force all self employed truck drivers into bankruptcy (or join a union), unfunded liabilities for the long term, record deficits, Wayne Swan, and the list goes on.

I can't understand anyone wanting more of the same....

Horatio Leafblower
12th May 2016, 04:44
I can't understand anyone wanting more of the same....

All that might be true but in FB's view, supporting alternative energy makes you "corrupt".

Which major party is the recipient of tens of thousands of dollars every year from Rex Group? It sure as hell isn't Tony Windsor or Nick Xenophon.

Who does the National Party use for all their Charter broking?

Flying Binghi
12th May 2016, 07:10
Seems some around here want to tie the good name of the aviation industry to that sleaze windSore..:hmm:

Dick Smith
12th May 2016, 07:38
"Perhaps our Mr Smith has a 'green power' investment to look after ?"

Flying Binghi, I have no idea what this has to do with my long term campaign to copy the best from around the world to get Australian GA booming.

As far as I know I don't have any investments in green power. I am a well known as an advocate for copying France and considering nuclear power.

I can't see how much return could be made from " green power" at the moment considering the incredibly low cost of fossil fuels.

And even though I am a good mate of Ian Plimmer I think it is likely 7 billion humans are having an effect on our environment . When the world goes to ten billion probably mean even more people are poor. The cake is a finite size.!

Pinky the pilot
12th May 2016, 08:00
Struth, le Pingouin, I just ask a question re Windsor and promptly get flamed as an ideologue!!:mad: Talk about jumping to conclusions!

You do not know my background or my precise political leanings! For the record my entire Flying career such as it was/is, is in GA and I still hope to do a bit more before I get too bloody old!:ugh:

I'd like an apology, if you please.

Ptp stalks off, muttering to himself. Opens another bottle of good Barossa Shiraz...:ok:.

le Pingouin
12th May 2016, 08:38
Sorry Pinky, blurry eyes after a long night.

Frank Arouet
12th May 2016, 09:33
http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr13/scud_2008/160px-Rorschach_blot_04.jpg

rjtjrt
12th May 2016, 09:53
Credit where it is due.
If Mr Windsor, if he wins the seat, is going to genuinely try to advance the cause of GA, and bring CASA to account then good on him.
I am fiercely anti Windsor, but will give credit for this attitude, assuming we can trust him.

rjtjrt
12th May 2016, 09:54
Credit where it is due.
If Mr Windsor, if he wins the seat, is going to genuinely try to advance the cause of GA, and bring CASA to account then good on him.
I am wary of Windsor, but will give credit for this attitude, assuming we can trust him.

Pinky the pilot
12th May 2016, 11:15
Nurries le Pingouion.:ok:

If Mr Windsor, if he wins the seat, is going to genuinely try to advance the cause of GA, and bring CASA to account

I must really be a cynical old bastard, because I believe that the only cause he believes in is himself!:mad:

assuming we can trust him.

I don't.:ugh:

gerry111
12th May 2016, 16:20
Pinky,

"I must really be a cynical old bastard, because I believe that the only cause that he believes in is himself."

So who are the politicians that aren't within the same category?

TBM-Legend
12th May 2016, 23:28
I think many in aviation have lost the plot.

Ben's "call to arms" on GA is a non-party issue. It is about getting those fokkers in Canberra to recognise that GA serves the nation like other 'industries' and really requires bi-partisan support to effect a stable well regulated industry free from political interference [always negative in my opinion] with a regulator that sticks to its charter to consult and introduce changes that will work and not be dictatorial and follow some meandering 'yellow brick' using EASA as a compass>>

P51D
14th May 2016, 00:36
Trust Windsor, must be kidding!! He's an absolute joke and together with that clown Oakshott were a disgrace to our political system and most of us couldn't wait to see the rear end of them. Don't be fooled by Windsor - he'll promise the earth and deliver nothing and definitely wont be GA's saviour. I just hope the New England voters treat him with the contempt he deserves and banish him forever from politics. It's a real shame that none of them seem to get it. We need a lower house member like Dick Smith to push the cause. Bureaucrats don't like a forceful and vocal politician who knows his stuff and can influence others to support him. Nick X is the closest to it but another with a similar profile would be beneficial.

Horatio Leafblower
15th May 2016, 00:17
I think we need to up the ante and do two things:

- make a call (totally outrageous and ridiculous in reality) for a royal commission into Aviation Regulation

- make videos highlighting the importance of GA to regional people and the likely loss of those services.

We have to tug at the heartstrings and make bold outrageous statements to get media attention.

We have to make a lot of noise.

Dick, can you please help fund these videos? Endorse them? Lead the push in the mainstream media?

Please?

Progressive
15th May 2016, 03:40
As I have said before, GA will never get the recognition it needs until it can remove the general public's misguided views that it is "rich private pilots". Even the term "General Aviation" says nothing about what we do. As I have suggested before this campaign needs to tap the general public as a resource.

It needs: A new description (not GA) that suggests small hardworking businesses (Light commercial aviation?) or similar.

A catchy slogan that the public can grasp (think about the "without trucks Australia Stops slogan).

To connect voters who do not commit aviation. We can do this by harnessing our existing network to spread the word and a web address. Every box carried on a light aircraft should have a sticker on it, every charter flight should have pamphlets in the seat pockets and every pilot killing time at a destination should tell local business/the chamber of commerce how many visitors he brought to town today.

God forbid it may even be possible to get the regional airlines to make in flight announcements/ carry brochures in the seat pocket.

It is only when people see that the cost of their online purchase/medical samples/whatever will be affected that they will take notice.

My 2 cents.

Pinky the pilot
15th May 2016, 12:11
Well when you think about it, Horatio, Progressive and Nibbles have just about got it summed up more than adequately.:ok:

Ok Dick. You are in a better position to start something than most if not all of us here. Amongst other considerations, you have the contacts! How about it? And what can those of us who would like to help but are limited in contacts and finances do to help?

This is a genuine question. Who do we write to and what do we ask?

TBM-Legend
15th May 2016, 22:03
Here's the difference. Aviation needs a bigger voice...
Federal election: Keep Australia Moving advertising campaign starts (http://www.news.com.au/technology/innovation/motoring/advertising-campaign-keep-australia-moving-calls-for-more-transport-funding/news-story/bf9c47f5ce6de05ac67aaee4f56fc8b0)